Chapter 11 - Meeting at the Vanvoreen house

Start from the beginning

The only thing I remembered after this shock. Was my encounter with my father, forget being kidnapped, I was shitting myself with my father. He hated me; he called me a “Whore” the man’s affection I craved for. Who had left me and went away to go to his other family. Came to me and said in disgust “I was a delinquent”. I don’t know whether to cry or be amused. Was he wrong? I wouldn’t say he was, but was he wrong to do that. I would say yes he was, it showed little trust in me and that made me feel even more depressed.

Now thinking about it, I had a splitting headache come forth. I groaned and thought I should take my aspirins before I left. When I found the water and tablets I slipped one in and gulped it down with water. I didn’t realise I was thirsty, but it felt good to taste the water.

Once I was done, I slipped out of my room. And causally went into my grandfather’s room. I knocked on his door and he didn’t respond. Was he still asleep? I walked in to see an empty bed. I panicked but when I opened the door a bit further, I saw him watching outside the windows. I felt my elevated heart slow down a bit now.

“Are you ready to go?” I replied my grandfather, turned his full white head and smiled a tearful smile. “What’s wrong?” I asked as I edged closer

“Oh nothing” he said sadly and then shot up to see my bandage on my arm “What happened?” he said narrowing his eyes.

“Oh nothing, you know a fight here and there” I lied. I saw his eyes harden. He knew about my past and the bad thing’s, It was normal for him to worry. But I wasn’t going to tell him I was kidnapped, he would have a heart attack right here and then.

“Blair” he said in his angry tone.

“Come on Grandfather I’m not that bad no more. It was a silly fight I won’t do it again lets go home please.” I begged and he sighed

I grabbed his and my bag as we headed out. I hailed for a cab and we both got in, It was time to go home. I was worried about the state of the house. I don’t know what he will say when he will see it. Would he flip? It was a mess; no it was like a nuclear disaster. I panicked; I hoped he thinks it was a burglary. Which made me snort, meaning me as the stolen item before I was back home.

I knew Hunter had paid for my grandfathers fees, while I lay in hospital. Who was I kidding with my brave exterior or saving him myself? Was I stupid? Pretty much but I didn’t want them to think I was useless. But clearly I showed them alright. So here was my grandfather and me paid off and going home sweet home, well hoping it was sweet still.

It wasn’t long before we landed at our doorstep and I panicked. I heard my grandfather shuffle to get our bags. I paid the driver and then walked out quickly to see the damage. But my mouth lay open as I stared at how everything was back to normal.

“Why is your mouth open, close it” my grandfather yelled and I did so

“Sorry” I replied

“Hurry up I’m tired already and I’m missing desperate housewives” he grumbled and I couldn’t help but chuckle.

I love my grandfather and all. But there was a limit in being so weird, I mean really desperate housewives? We both sit and actually watch it together and that made it more awkward, I couldn’t believe we did that. But I knew he only watched it because he loved watching Marcia, which was cute. We both headed in and dropped the bags; I got shocked more and more to see how clean it was. It was all Hunter’s doing I knew, and I felt even more like a shit when I acted like a complete dingbat with him.

“Go change grandfather I’ll get dinner ready” I replied, I watched him go. I went into the rooms to see what had gone missing.

Nothing, it was all neat and tidy. I was completely shell shocked. So it was clear they were looking for me only. No one else, so the target was me, so they could get to Hunter. I felt used but I shook of the feeling well. I didn’t care right now; I only had a day or so left before we fly out for this stinky wedding. I pulled on the apron and got the ingredients out.