✗ sixty-nine ✗

A/N: *Squeals out of adorableness featured in the chapter*

SHAY

30 January

She's late. 

The stubborn, precious little baby who has been given me horrid Braxton Hicks' pain for the past month decides that she'll just wait. It's only been three days since her due date, but I'm impatient. I want to meet her, after so many stressful months I just want to finally hold her in my arms and kiss her over and over. But I can't help but also feel fear.

I hate my parents and everything about my childhood and I will do everything in my power to make sure that my daughter never has to go through that. But I still have my doubts on how well I will do.

I want her to be successful, but what if it comes off as control or a "crazy mum"? There are so many things that I wish for her to accomplish, as I never did.

I want her to learn a second language and an instrument, like piano, at an early age. I was never fully taught a second language, but there would have been so many opportunities for me if I had. I could have utilized that skill in the workplace and traveled abroad with Harry to be an interpreter, or I could have helped out around the office with foreigners.

I want her to have some sort of extracurricular, whether it be dance or football, really anything she wants. My only extracurricular activity that my parents, or nanny rather, forced upon me was riding horse. When have I ever utilized that in my life? I haven't and I absolutely hated it. I suppose art was an extracurricular, which I use to this day, but not nearly as much as I wish.

I'm afraid my limitations for her will be too much as well. I won't want her out past dark by herself until at least sixteen, maybe even eighteen. I won't let her wander the streets of London by herself without someone there with her, to watch over my baby and protect her. The world's a scary place and I'll do everything possible to protect her.

"Love?"

I crane my neck from the telly across the room to see Harry standing in the doorway with a takeaway bag in hands. As soon as the 27th of January passed Harry has been nonstop researching ways to induce labour somewhat naturally. I know if she doesn't come soon I'll have to be induced at the hospital and it's making me a little weary.

We've tried walking up and down the block nearly three or four times throughout the day, which is said to be one of the best ways to bring on labour. I've been trying to eat spicy food recently as well, but all that does is bring on nasty heartburn. Harry even suggesting going on a bumpy car ride on the outskirts of town, reading somewhere that it could help with the positioning of the baby. I swore it wasn't going to work and as you can tell I was right.

"Hey." I say quietly, patting the empty space next to me whilst turning down the telly so that the cooking channel is only seen, not heard. Harry smiles and plops down beside me, setting the bag on the coffee table before us. "What'd you get?" I ponder.

I had asked for Chinese takeaway, which was an ever-present craving I was still having. I also told Harry to surprise me, mostly because I just couldn't make up my mind.

"I got Orange Chicken with white rice, egg drop soup, Shrimp Fried Rice, and Chicken Chow Mein." He explains placing all the tubs on the table. "Water for me and a lemonade for the lady. What do you want first?" Harry asks, eyeing me as I search the table for what I want to eat first.

"Egg drop soup." Harry hands me the tub of soup with a spoon and I thank him with a peck on the cheek before going to devour the glorious soup. Out of the corner of my eye I watch Harry dig into his Chicken Chow Mein, eyes fixed upon the telly in silence. "I bet you haven't eaten so much unhealthy food since before I moved it." I comment, watching Harry's lips quirk up in a grin.