✗ fifty ✗

A/N: This chapter gets a bit steamy... enjoyyyyyyyy 

 enjoyyyyyyyy 

SHAY

My eyes drift open from the magnificent dream I was having about my baby girl, leaving me staring at darkness. A loud yawn leaves my lips and I cover my mouth with my hand to suppress the sound from a sleeping Harry behind me. I'd still be asleep if it weren't for the soreness in my breasts and the unbearable urge to pee.

Today had been a long day of finding out her gender and then shopping for the essentials like a crib, changing table, and anything else Harry thought that she would need in her room. I honestly don't think all the stuff we bought will fit in her room, but I just couldn't get Harry to stop. He was on a mission and I was just there for company I suppose, which wasn't all-bad.

I get out of bed with my hand on my stomach as I hurry towards the bathroom to do my business. One thing about pregnancy that I hate; besides the soreness and mood swings, is the urge to pee every other hour. It gets quite ridiculous if I'm being honest.

I do my business quickly before washing my hands and stumbling back into the dark room, ready to climb back in bed and cuddle up with Harry. He always seems to help me sleep, even when I can't get comfortable. My eyes squint towards the bed out of confusion before approaching the emptiness that lies there.

"Harry?" I question, not seeing him in bed.

I don't even know if he had been in bed before I got up, I know he was there when I fell asleep last night. I look to the clock on the bedside table to see that it's just after two in the morning. We had gone to bed at nearly midnight for our excitement of the day being too much.

"Harry?" I ask again, looking about the clean room.

I gather no response, only the silence of the night. But then I hear it.

The soft sounds of the piano downstairs in the lounge. The tune is of a moderate pace and gets louder and louder as I approach the music. I'm quiet as I tiptoe down the steps and into the lounge. Harry's back is to me from his place in front of the keys. As I get closer I realize that he's singing softly as well, the beautiful sound warming my heart. The song itself causes my cheeks to flush and tears to well in my eyes.

"Gotta hold on easy as I let you go. Gonna tell you how much I love you, though you think you already know. I remember I thought you looked like an angel wrapped in pink, so soft and warm. You've had me wrapped around your finger since the day you were born."

Harry's voice is absolutely angelic to the ears as his voice carries around the quiet room. I can hear the truth in his voice and see the way his fingers tickle the keys at a reasonable pace. He clears his voice and pauses playing before carrying on to the chorus with ease.

"You're beautiful, baby, from the outside in. Chase your dreams but always know the road that'll lead you home again. Go on, take on this whole world; but to me you know you'll always be my little girl."