✗ twenty-one ✗

SHAY

20 May

The sounds of the shower shutting off in the bathroom next to me awakens me from my peaceful slumber once in Harry's arms. My eyes feel heavy as I force them open to look at the room around me, not wanting to stay asleep for a moment longer. I'm in Australia for goodness sake; I should be awake to experience it.

Light shines through the curtains covering the windows on my right, lighting up the room around me for the covers weren't that thick. The white duvet over my body keeps my skin warm when Harry isn't here to do so.

Yesterday was quite riveting.

After a long lunch with Ashton, Harry and I had attended meetings all afternoon into late evening. The looks on the people's faces we met with were priceless when they saw our attire. They in their suits and ties and us in our casual wear; it was quite a scene. But Harry's the boss so no one said anything on our behalf. The meetings ran long and there were many times where Harry nearly lost it, but he kept it together for me. His eyes would meet mine every time he nearly lost his cool, and when they did I saw the tension just disappear for a while.

Once we returned back to the suite last night, it was well after eight and both Harry and I were exhausted from the travel and the meetings we had to endure. We ordered in room service, watching a movie on pay-per-view, and then crashed before either of us could suggest doing something else. It was a peaceful evening and I would have wished for it no differently.

Harry had a meeting this morning, which I don't remember him leaving for, and then today was our free day. I had thought long and hard about the whole beach thing and decided that I needed to live a little. I didn't necessarily have to strut around in a bikini if I didn't want to. Clothes are optional, and so they will be worn.

The bathroom door opens, breaking me from my thoughts as Harry escapes the steam filled area. My eyes bug out of their sockets at the sight of him, glimmering with shower water and dressed in only a white towel wrapped around his lower half. My mouth grows dry at the sight of him and I can't help but wonder why I've never fantasized about his body before getting with him. He's right fit.

The ink that adorns his skin shocks me every time I see it. On the outside Harry looks and acts like, as a successful businessman should, from his mannerisms to his speech. He hides his tattoos from world to keep his image professional, but as soon as the suit is off and we're outside company lines, it's like Harry's a different man. He's giddy, funny, sweet, kind, and smart; the whole package.

I never thought long and hard about relationships in the past, mostly putting the blame on my mother for my view on relationships. Her idea of falling in love is for her to provide the love of my life and force me to feel some way about him. But aren't you supposed to find love on your own?

My past relationships have been nothing but making out and hitting second base, occasionally third base. There was no love behind it or feelings aside from lust. But if I had to pick someone to experience a real relationship with, it would be Harry, for he's everything I want and need in a man.

A squeak must have left my lips when Harry was in the process of searching for new clothes, because he spun around and met eyes with me. My eyes grew double in size, realizing that I had just been caught staring, and for the longest time too. A smirk toys on his lips as the hand clutching his towel tightens its grip.

"Morning." He says cheerfully, clearly not realizing that he's still just standing in a towel. If it were me I would have run off screaming by now or been passed out on the floor in a pool of my own embarrassment. "Sleep well?"