✗ twenty ✗

19 May

SHAY

"Shay

"Shay."

I feel as if I've only been asleep for a mere ten minutes, we couldn't possibly have landed in the amount of time it's taken me to close my eyes and snooze. I mumble a response that makes no sense to anyone, not even myself and turn slightly in my seat.

"Shay, wake up." Again I respond with a light moan and bury my face against my light cardigan. "Shay, c'mon love, we're here."

Love.

I hum in response this time before fluttering my eyes open to the airplane around me. But my view is blocked because I'm immediately met with Harry standing over me, smiling.

"Morning?" I question, looking around the plane with tired eyes.

After spending two hours watching a movie with Harry midair, I fell slumber awaiting our arrival in Sydney. Our first flight had past agonisingly slow and all I had to entertain myself with work and a couple of movies. And our layover was spent in Hong Kong, gathering a dinner before we boarded this flight around nine and a half hours ago.

"We just landed." He says, smiling largely.

I perk up in my seat and unbuckle the belt around my waist. So maybe I had been asleep for a bit more than ten minutes. Harry must have moved my seat back up whilst I was asleep because prior to now I had been lying down.

As I had mentioned before, I'd never been outside of the UK in my entire twenty-one years of living. When you grow up with distant parents you tend to spend your time daydreaming of other, better things. For me it was always getting away and seeing the world. Australia just happens to be at the top of my dream list, and just being here with Harry makes everything 100% better. If you had asked me when I was younger if I'd ever be here today, I would have laughed in your face. I strive for this, but I never thought it'd truly happen. Truthfully, I was always fearful of my parents taking me back and locking me away in the "tower".

Harry chuckles at my eager demeanor and watches as I groggily stand to my feet. He gathers his carry-on bag as I gather my handbag. We decided on packing light for this trip so all of my work stuff was in with his carry-on whilst all of his personal stuff was in my Michael Kor's.

Leading the way off the plane, I take in the sun shining through some of the open windows as we make our way to the exit. You hardly ever see the sun shine this brightly in London, maybe in the summer but not year round. The flight attendants and pilots say their goodbyes to us passengers as we exit and begin down the long jetway into Sydney International Airport. I hear Harry laugh at my skipping as I quickly make my way into the building before us. It's bustling with people when we escape the jetway and I almost fear I will lose Harry.