✗ forty-six ✗

SHAY

26 August

"I'm taking you out to dinner." The first thing that Harry says to me after my late-afternoon shower.

We've had a hard day of moving our things over to the new house (a house in which I'm still not allowed to set foot in), preparing to sign the final papers tomorrow morning, and officially moving over tomorrow evening. The only items left in Harry's current home is a couple of our suitcases, our bed, and our toiletries.

"I thought we were going to turn in early tonight." I pout, drying my hair off with a towel.

Harry stands in the doorway of the bathroom with a shaking head and a grin the size of Russia on his lips. I do feel bad that I told him not to spoil me for my birthday today, but I'm just so tired and am in dire need of a good cuddle.

"We'll go to sleep early, promise. I'm going to treat my girl on her birthday, the first birthday I'm spending with you." I sigh and smile lightly at the adorable look that shows itself on Harry's face.

How could I ever say no to that face?

"Okay, but only because it's you."

Harry cheers and holds a finger up to motion for me to wait a moment before disappearing from the bathroom. I chuckle at him as I turn to the mirror and begin to style my slightly damp hair since apparently we're going out.

"And, my love," Harry shouts from the bedroom before entering with something behind his back. I turn towards him and lean against the counter with a suspicious look on my face.

He's also been bugging me for the past week about what I want for my birthday. I said I didn't want anything, simple as that. Yet, today I've been giving so many beautiful flowers, especially my favorites, pink tulips; a sleek new Michael Kors handbag; a new daily organizer because my current one looks crazy; and now whatever resides behind his back.

"You will be wearing this."

Harry pulls a dress out from behind his back, making me gasp at the sight. It's a satin Alexis Eleanor dress with fringe all throughout the fabric. I'm a fashion whiz, one of my many gifts being able to tell the designer right off the bat, most of the time.

The dress is gorgeous, duh it's an Alexis Eleanor. It contains pink with bits of reds, black, and a shade of purple throughout the fabric. It's absolutely beautiful and honestly something I would wear everyday if I could.

"Harry, it's gorgeous! Thank you!" I say, reaching for the hanger and holding it up.

"I thought you'd like it, and as an added bonus I figured the fringe would hide your bump if we happen to get spotted by the paps."

"It's perfect. I love it so much."

"And..." Harry mumbles, grabbing something from around the corner in the bedroom.

"Oh God, what else did you buy me?" I exclaim, hanging the dress up on the wall as Harry enters the bathroom with a pair of matching pink leather sandals.

I gasp at the sight, having seen them before when I went shopping last weekend with Moxy. She took me in a shit ton of expensive shoppes and I saw these. I loved them, but they were way out of my price range.

"Harry! Those cost nearly five hundred pounds!"

Harry simply chuckles as if spending five hundred pounds on a pair of shoe is nothing and shrugs as he sets them down underneath the dress.

"Money isn't a big deal, Shay." I nod and bite down on my lip.

I wish he hadn't spent that much money on me. He could have used that money for expenses, not items to shower his girl with.