✗ ten ✗

THIS IS A BIG CHAPTER!

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

xx

SHAY

11 May

11 May

Well, I didn't go into the office on Sunday. But I also didn't leave bed the entire day. I'm not sure what had happened from Saturday night into Sunday afternoon but I was sicker than a dog. I spent the entire day either crouched in front of the toilet or moaning in bed. Harry kept his distance, per my request of not wanting to get him sick on top of all this. He assured me it was just the 24-hour flu on behalf of me not taking care of myself and that I probably had caught bug from the hospital when I was there. Whatever I caught is awful though.

And I continued to be sick all week, up until today. I'm in and out of the bathroom throughout the day, but in between I feel rather fine. Web.md is usually not where I would go to look up symptoms but they assure me that it's just the flu. Flu or not it's kicking my ass and making more things difficult than they already are.

Harry stayed at home from work with me Monday, Tuesday, and now today as well. His excuse is that if I'm continuing to get sick he doesn't want me passing out and hitting my head on the toilet and he wants to be nearby if something is to happen. As kind as it is I still feel guilty for him missing work. Fortunately, I'm able to work from bed, which brings a bit of happiness to me.

Like now for instance, I'm sat propped up in bed, a cup of peppermint tea on the bedside table as well as some crackers. My laptop sits on my lap, open to some paper that I'm reviewing for Harry and another page is open so that I can finish finding Harry's cousin her damn present. I'm very peaceful, for the most part, that is until someone knocks on the door.

"Yes?" I call out, finishing reading the sentence I'm on. Harry opens the door and peeks his head in the room before entering. For some reason whenever I just as much as look to Harry a smile comes to my lips. He's truly a really great friend and I technically am not sure that's our title. Surely he won't allow any coworker to sleep in his bed and sit at his house for more than a few nights.

"Hey." He says, stuffing his hands into the pocket's of his skinny jeans. I learn that when he works from home he likes to wear his skinny jeans and a loose fitting t-shirt to keep comfy. Whereas I'm wearing a pair of sleep shorts and a heavy jumper to keep my chills at bay.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask, tossing my laptop to the side of me. It falls softly against the soft duvet that belongs to Harry. I still feel very guilty for sleeping in his room when I can be perfectly fine in an inadequate guest bed, but I can't be bothered to move at this point in time.

"Just wanted to see how you were feeling." He says, walking over and taking a seat at the edge of the bed. I shrug my shoulders and push the duvet down my legs, feeling the urge to walk around for a bit. My legs are beginning to fall asleep from sitting for so long and I know that I can't spend every second of the day in bed.