✗ thirteen ✗

SHAY

13 May

13 May

Sleep has never had such an impact on my body until right in this moment. Sure, I've had loads of nights lacking sleep that impacted me in a negative way. Usually I wouldn't be able to function at work the next day or put up with Melissa's constant babbling. But never has such a good night's rest impacted me until right this very moment. I'm not even remotely annoyed or mad that I begin to stir awake when I do.

I inhale heavily at first notice that I'm waking up and snuggle further against the firm pillow I'm cuddling, that is until I realize it isn't a pillow at all.

My eyes spring open meeting Harry's smooth, tattooed chest underneath me. I suck in a breath of air, feeling the heat creep onto my cheeks out of embarrassment. First I've ordered my boss into bed with me, now I'm clinging to him like a koala bear. I could not possibly get any more pathetic. My head stays right where it is unsure whether I should move or not. I really don't want to wake Harry in a moment like this.

Snuggling back down where I am after taking a few moments to ensure that Harry is still in fact asleep, I weigh my options. There's a chance that I can pretend to be asleep when Harry wakes up and let him exit the bed first, then I can wake up "fully unaware" of this position right now. There's also a chance that I can pretend to be asleep and roll off his body without him knowing the wiser.

That plan is deemed unsuitable the minute I feel Harry's arm around my body, clutching me to him. Okay, deep breath, I'm beginning to feel faint at the feeling of his touch that somehow had gone unnoticed before. There's one more option and I'm not willing to wake the sleeping man either so that's out of the picture.

But all of my options aren't an option anymore when I feel Harry stir from underneath me and inhale a huge breath of fresh air. Shit, shit, shit, what do I do? He freezes the minute he notices me, or so I think I can't see his face from my position. He stays frozen for a few moments before ultimately relaxing against my touch. I try my best to breathe slowly to give him the illusion that I'm in fact asleep, just to see what he will do.

Then I feel his hand. His hand that is clutching onto my hip, in a way the means he doesn't want me to leave, has removed itself. But instead of him removing the hand completely, he brings it to my back and slowly begins to rub in soothing circles.

"Mmmm." I involuntarily moan at his touch, immediately cursing myself at making a damn noise. His hand freezes in place as I pretend to just now be waking up. I stir lightly against his chest, before opening my eyes for the "first" time and gazing around. "Huh?" I mutter, resting my chin against his firm chest and rubbing the sleep out of my eyes with my left hand.

"Morning." He says, his voice husky and raspy with sleep, making my swoon at the sound.

Stop. Swoon? What the hell are you; A fucking teenager again? Get it together.