✗ seventeen ✗

SHAY

16 May

16 May

The Honeymoon Stage.

I'm pretty sure that's what you call it when you both confess your feelings for each other and things run smoother than ever. When the two of you feel like nothing can separate you and that this happiness looming over you will never dissipate. The Honeymoon Stage is my favorite stage in the entire world of relationships, not that I would have too much past with them, and it lasts as long as you want it to, I hope.

We're currently in day three of the Honeymoon Stage and I've never felt better.

After that night of confessions in bed, everything seemed to get even better. Harry and I are getting along like two friends with feelings for each other would. It's not awkward. We haven't exactly done anything about our feelings like go on a date, but I know that will come in time. We both agreed the next morning that we'd take this slow, one step at a time. So in the meantime, Harry and I just joke along with each other about anything and everything. The best thing about it is that he hasn't brought up the pregnancy once. He's giving me time to think, and think I do.

I had an eye opening dream just a few days ago, telling me exactly what I should do about the baby, simple as that. I've never had one of those eye-opening epiphanies before. I haven't told Harry the news yet, mostly because I'm waiting for the right time to tell him. Part of me wants to tell him as soon as he grows the bullocks to ask me out on a date, but the other part of me has been waiting three days and can't resist any longer.

"Shay, are you ready?" Harry calls from outside the bathroom.

With the permanent smile on my lips I swing the door open and lean against its wood frame. It seems as if all I've done lately is smile, and I can't say I hate it.

"I'm more than ready, how about you?" Harry smiles and eyes my outfit choice of the day: a red suit with a light crème blouse with red and mint detailing on it, paired with a lovely pair of mint heels. To say this outfit is more lively than most my outfits would be an understatement. I never wear something this bold to date.

"Wow, that's bright."

"Do you like it?" He nods quickly with the corners of his mouth quirked upward.

"I love it."

I send him a smile back and walk past him, grabbing my Michael Kors handbag in hand and leading the way out the door. I feel as if I move any slower and just stay in one place with Harry I'll spill the beans. The doctor had given me around five weeks to make a decision and I have made it a couple weeks early. Right after I tell Harry, I'll tell the doctor.

"Come on, let's go to work!" I announce, skipping down the steps and rushing towards the front entrance. Harry laughs after me and grabs his keys before following me to his Range Rover.