✗ sixty-three ✗

✗ A/N: Drama 'bout to heat up! Hope you enjoyyyyy ✗

SHAY

25 December ~ Evening

No time turned into about thirty minutes or so, after my bum grew too familiar with that of the chair. Gemma came into the kitchen not long after Harry had left and seemed to be hiding from her family of "nosy nuisances" as she put it. So I had no problem hiding out with her and gossiping about some of the old friends joining the party tonight. But after forty minutes of avoiding the crowd in the other room, I decided it was time to find Harry.

I was becoming a party pooper.

Then came the challenge, finding Harry. I left the kitchen and he wasn't talking to family and friends in the lounge or the dining room. So I checked upstairs to see if he snuck away for a breather or needed the toilet, but he wasn't there either. I've checked everywhere and it's like he's simply just disappeared from the house. I pray that he hasn't just left me here.

"Gem?" She looks up from the wine glass she's filling for the third time tonight and blushes as if she's been caught, which she has.

I can tell family gatherings aren't really her thing. She loves her family and friends dearly, don't get me wrong, but pestering questions about your career and lifestyle choices can be a bit much, even if you've been hiding away for thirty minutes.

"Have you seen your brother?"

"Um, not really." She answers, finishing pouring herself another glass. "He was talking with my mum last I saw him. But," She looks around me and I follow her eyesight, her eyes are trained on her mother and the small group around her, "looks as if he's not there now." I roll my eyes and chuckle to myself.

"Thanks for all your help."

"No problem. If you need any help I'll be here drinking and avoiding the judgment of my coloured hair." She exclaims dramatically as she takes a rather large sip of her red wine.

I laugh and leave her and her wine be as I cross the room to Anne. There are still loads of people here, but they mostly stand to the sides of the room discussing pressing matters in their lives. I still really haven't met too many people, but I assume they know who I am from the small smiles I get and hidden glances in my direction that I catch.

"Anne?" She turns from the conversation she's having with, whom I had learned was her sister, and Robin. She smiles warmly as I enter, wrapping her arm around my torso and turning towards her sister. I send her sister, who is also very lovely, a warm smile and look to Anne. "Have you seen Harry?" Anne looks around the room curiously, seeing if he's hiding somewhere I can't see, and shakes her head.

"He was here a few moments ago. Actually, you know what he went and fetched the door for me."

I thank her and make my way towards the front door. From beyond the wooden barrier I hear a bit of commotion on the other side. There's hushed voices, one harsher than the other, but they soon drift off into silence as I continue listening. With a quick turn of the knob I open the door and pull it open, my heart dropping when I see what's standing before me.

There with her manicured fingernails in Harry's hair and her perfectly sculpted lips on Harry's lips is fucking Becca. The woman whom I barely know, but fear with my every existence.

The sight alone makes me want to lose my breakfast from this morning and few crackers I've partaken in only minutes ago in the kitchen. I feel even sicker when I see Harry's hands on her waist, knuckles white with how tight his hold is. They immediately part when they hear the door open and hit the wall behind me.