✗ forty-five ✗

SHAY

18 August

"Shay, can I speak with you in my office please?"

My attention is snatched from my computer monitor as Harry stands in the doorway of his office, a bright smile on his lips. I haven't seen him since he shut himself in that office two hours ago to get some paperwork down for the expansion. Thankfully, he's back to working hard after the relaxing weekend we had a few days ago.

"Of course you can."

Standing from my desk chair I smooth out the pencil skirt I wear and glance to Melissa, who sits smirking at us whilst I approach my Harry. When she catches my eye she quickly looks away and pretends to be busing herself with work.

Whenever we're left alone for more than two seconds she starts to ask about Harry and I. I give short answers and sometimes send her away with work. I'm so glad I only have to deal with her for another week or so.

As soon as I step into Harry's office I'm tugging at the tight skirt around my waist. My clothes are beginning to get tighter and tighter and I've yet to buy maternity clothes specifically for work, so I'm stuck with my old items. My green pencil skirt has not been a very good choice today. The fabric is tight, clearly showing off the four-month baby bump that I adorn, thankfully the loose navy blouse I wear hides the bump from those around us.

"Unzip me." I order, shrugging off my white Rebecca Taylor blazer and lifting the back of my blouse up so that the zipper of my skirt is on display.

"Excuse me?" Harry asks in shock as he stands at the closed doors of his office, locking it after I've spoken.

I don't know what he expects to happen, but surely won't make a difference. I don't want Melissa, or some other employee for that matter, stumbling into Harry's office when I'm not properly situated.

"I cannot stand to be suffocated by this skirt any longer, it's literally squeezing the life out of me. I need you to unzip it so that I can breathe again." Harry chuckles as he steps forward and pulls the zipper of my skirt all the way down, a satisfied sigh leaving my lips. "Do you have a blanket or something?" I question, the feeling of breathing never having been so satisfying before.

"How about this?" Harry shakes his head before shrugging his suit jacket off and holding it out to me.

"That'll work. Shut your beautiful eyes." Harry huffs and follows my directions,

"If I had known that you would be dropping your skirt in my office today I would have done a bit more to tidy the room up." He says to me as I let the fabric pool on the carpet of his office floor.

I take the suit jacket from his hands and hold it around my waist, making a make-shift skirt before taking the green fabric and tossing it at Harry's head. "Hey!"

"Hey yourself." I reply before plopping down on the couch at the side of the room. Harry grins at me, taking a peek down at me as I clutch his suit jacket around my bare waist. His eyebrows raise and a smirk takes place on his lips. "So what did you want to talk to me about?"

"Huh?"

"Stop it you!" I scold when his gaze zeros in on my bump and freezes there. "You called me in here for a reason, I presume. What is it? You've got me curious." Harry grins and jogs over to his desk to grab his laptop and a notepad before plopping down on the sofa beside me.

"I've been doing some thinking, have been for a long time, but now seems like the perfect time for this." He begins, placing his laptop atop his lap and setting the notepad down beside him. "So, my house..."