✗ eleven ✗

HARRY

"Okay, Harry, she's out

"Okay, Harry, she's out."

A shaky breath leaves my lips as I detach my hand from the limp hand that I had taken. Her features are soft, with wet tearstains still ever present on her cheeks. Her body is now relaxed and she isn't trying to escape. I stand tall from my place at the end of her bed as Dr. Barnes and Dr. Surrey release Shay's appendages.

Dr. Surrey takes the syringe in her gloved hand and walks over to the disposal as Dr. Barnes walks over to me. She places her hand on my shoulder, causing me to stiffen before relaxing into her touch. She sends me a soft, reassuring smile before removing her hand.

"Can I speak with you for a moment?" She asks, motioning with her head towards the door. The last thing I want to do is leave Shay alone. If she wakes up again she will surely hurt herself if no one is here. I bite my quivering lip and set my eyes back on my friend.

"I don't want to leave her." I breathe out, my eyes scanning her calm body. I can't help but let my eyes fall to her flat stomach. My heart is still beating out of my chest from when Dr. Barnes had said those three words. After everything Shay and I worked on, we're going to be back to square one.

The first thing I felt was pure and utter anger towards the man who did this. He had no right doing this and he definitely has no right to a child. He will rot in Hell for eternity if I ever see his face. I'm so angry that I'm ready to go on a manhunt for this guy. I'll call the PI, who's getting farther than the cops but still has dick, and we will hunt this guy down.

But then when I look at Shay, I see how pale she's gotten and how scared she has become. The anger leaves my body right away and fear arises, fear for the sake of Shay. And then worry, anxiety, heartache, and sadness flood into my system. I can hold anger dear to me all I want, but it won't do any good for Shay, especially if she's pregnant. She doesn't need me going to jail for something like this, she needs me with her.

"Harry, I can stay with her for a bit whilst you two talk." Dr. Surrey assures me, taking her place at the bedside of the broken girl. As much as I don't want to leave, I know I have to. I have to get to the bottom of this and I know Dr. Barnes has questioned for me. I am, in fact, Shay's "fiancée".

"Come on, dear." She says, leading me out of the room. My gait is slow as I follow her out into the hall. As soon as she shuts the door to Shay's room I slide down the opposite wall onto the floor, just staring at the room. I'm not going further than this. I need to stay close. The doctor sighs above me and takes a seat beside me, brushing her pant legs off as she does so. "I need to ask you some questions. I know you don't want to answer any of them right now, but-"

"Just ask them." I grumble, sniffling lightly. I'm not crying, but I'm on the verge of letting a few escape.

"Have you and your fiancée been sexually active since what happened?" I huff out deeply and shake my head. "I just have to ask Harry." I roll my eyes at her phrase and continue to stare at Shay's door. My hands are picking at the holes in my jeans, giving them something to do instead of run through my hair and tug on the strands.