✗ forty-nine ✗

SHAY

7 September

"I feel like a fat whale."

Harry's laughter is obnoxiously loud after those six words left my mouth and I can't help but want to punch him in the face.

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, having thrown up the little breakfast I had out of nervousness, spilling hot tea on my feet, and putting two different earrings on was just the easy stuff. My mood is just the icing on the cake.

"Stop laughing at me." I pout, snapping at him until he stops laughing.

I turn to face the window of the car and cradle my handbag in front of my baby bump. I'm twenty weeks and four days today and boy does it look like it, at least in my eyes. The paps have noticed too, spending their time awaiting our entrance and exit in Harry's building just to get a glimpse of the growing bump, everyday since the announcement two weeks ago.

"I'm sorry, baby. You're so beautiful." Harry says, reaching over and taking my hand. He brings it up to his lips to give it a kiss, but I pull my hand from him before his lips can even make contact. "Hey, what's wrong? Why so moody all of a sudden?"

My jaw drops at the bluntness he possesses.

"Why? Bloody why? Why don't you just take a damn guess? I'm pregnant; I've the right to be moody all I want. Can you just lay off a little? You've been on my case since we woke up."

As soon as my eyes were open to the world today, I wouldn't let Harry touch me. His hands on my body had become increasingly annoying and it felt like I was being suffocated by his touch. I practically threw him from the bathroom he came in to brush his teeth whilst I was in the shower. He backed off a touch after that, but was constantly questioning me.

What do you want for breakfast? Do you want me to get your shoes for you? Can I help you with the stairs? Should I get your bag? Are you sure we aren't forgetting anything?

Even his compliments, which I usually hold so dearly to, are getting to me.

"Shay, you don't have to act like a-" I send Harry a death glare from my place in the passenger seat, my hands clenching around the straps of my Michael Kors bag.

"I wouldn't finish that sentence if I were you."

Harry gulps before nodding and turning his attention back to the road before us. I let out a deep breath as my eyes too scan the road that awaits. My anger only increasingly grows when I see the mass of paps waiting outside the doors of the hospital. It's been a month since the word's gotten out, you'd think the excitement would have died down by now, but no. It is far from being over for fuck's sake.

"How did they know find out about the appointment?" I ask through clench teeth, not necessarily blaming Harry for their presence, but also not holding back my annoyance towards him.

"I have no idea." He answers, his own jaw clenched.

This was supposed to be our day off from drama, aside from my nasty attitude that is.

Harry and I didn't have to go to work; we were working from home earlier this morning. We were going to go to this appointment, find out the gender of the baby, and then spend the rest of the day shopping for things for the baby's nursery. This is the first day off we've had in a long time and it was supposed to be special.

The paps weren't supposed to find out about the appointment and swarm us and I sure as hell wasn't supposed to have the world's worst mood.

"This is getting bloody ridiculous!"