✗ forty ✗

✗ I am using Anna Saccone, to show the progress of Shay's pregnancy ✗

SHAY

22 July

"Have you got the popcorn yet? I'm starving!"

I hear Harry shuffling about, but the popping of the corn has seized as of three minutes ago and I know that if I don't get a treat in about ten seconds the babe and I will no longer be smiling.

"How can you be starving?" His husky voice resonates from just behind me as a large bowl of popcorn is lifted over my body and set into my lap. "Have you forgotten about that amazing dinner I cooked for you tonight? Took me so long to prepare and you didn't even help."

"I was working." I reply, plopping a handful of popcorn into my mouth before patting the sofa beside me.

Harry and I have been work, work, work since Monday with little breaks and today's Friday. We're both exhausted and in need of a relaxing night in without distractions. After the paparazzi run in on Monday morning, things have been chaotic. Everyone at work wants to meddle in my business as if my invisibility cloak that I wore prior had been removed.

Anyhow, we just need a break. I suggested turning in early, cuddling, and sleeping in late tomorrow, but Harry thought a movie night was in need.

"You don't see me complaining about work." He says, plopping down beside me and reaching into the bowl before pressing play on the movie we've chosen, some excellent romantic comedy with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds.

"That's because you have me."

Harry laughs as he wraps his arm around my shoulders and rests his feet up on the coffee table. I roll my eyes at his actions and lean into him, enjoying the feeling of his warmth radiating against my, as Harry puts it, "glowing" skin. He must be mistaken because all I see is a bloated, tired, and pale woman with blemishes covering my once clear skin.

Harry reaches over and places a large hand on my bloated tummy, giving it a soft rub. I look to his hand and watch as his thumb caresses the covered skin.

Ever since announcing to my parents that I was pregnant, I can't get what Harry said out of my head. He called the baby his and I can't help but feel a bit saddened and guilty that it isn't.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For this baby not being yours." I whisper, running my fingers along Harry's long, tanned fingers that rest against me.

I wish more than anything in the world that that night would have never happened. I wish that Harry and I had started dating sooner; maybe then this could be his child.

"Hey," Harry murmurs, turning on his bum so that he's facing me. He removes his hand from my stomach and places them on my cheeks, running his thumbs against my cheeks "don't." He says pulling my body onto his lap. "Don't apologize, Shay. You could not have done anything differently."

"But how can I not feel bad when you want nothing more than for this baby to be yours?" I ask, pouting lightly.

"Honestly, if I were to admit that, it would be beyond selfish. I will love this baby as much as I love you," He says, resting his chin against my shoulder. I peer over at him to see his eyes trained down at my stomach with a grin on his lips, "maybe more."

"Shut up." I giggle, playfully hitting him.

I let out a large sigh and focus my eyes back on the screen, relaxing into Harry's touch. Harry's hands snake back around my waist, his hands resting on my bloated stomach carefully.