✗ sixty ✗

SHAY

12 Weeks Later ~ 24 December

"I feel like the turkey that your mum is bound to be preparing!" I complain as Harry and I turn onto the road that his parents live on.

Gemma and Harry do nothing but laugh at me whilst I sit uncomfortably in the passenger seat of Harry's Range Rover, my baby currently resting directly on my near full bladder.

I'm thirty-six weeks along as of a couple of days ago and I feel like a beached whale. I've been eating more than I have been doing anything else during my long days. I don't sleep well, I constantly feel ill, I'm hungry all the time, and not to mention I get tired just walking up the steps in the house. Honestly, I just want her to come out already.

She's due in about a month or so and honestly she could come at anytime. The doctor said that I could go into labour anytime between thirty-seven and forty weeks along. As of Friday I'm in my thirty-sixth week. Harry was extremely hesitant on us coming over for the holidays since we'll be stuck in a moving vehicle for three plus hours, but I've assured him that we'll be fine. I don't think she'll be making an appearance this soon. It's too early.

"Stop it." Harry warns, taking his hand off the gear shifter and placing his hand on my thigh. I pick his hand up off my thigh and bring it to my lips, kissing it softly.

"It's true! Ask Gemma, I complain to her like everyday!" I exclaim, glancing over my shoulder at Gemma in the backseat.

Ever since the trial her and I have gotten even closer. We go to lunch most days of the week when Harry is too busy, we text constantly, and she even stayed over at the house when Harry had to go to Australia for the expansion opening party. We've become like sisters in the last month and a half.

And Harry and I... well, we've been good, actually great. We've spent nearly every moment together We even made some time to go on a couple dates together after the drama of the trial and sentencing, and babysitting disaster, blew over.

"Shush, you look absolutely amazing for being as pregnant as you are."

"Thanks Gem, but I feel far from amazing. And I really have to wee." I complain, smacking my palm against the centre console as I try to cross my legs to relieve some of the pressure. It's not my fault Harry's been ordering me to drink more water and this baby loves lying against my bladder.

"That means she's growing healthy and strong in there." Gemma says with a laugh, reaching over the seat and patting my swollen stomach gently. "Just think, in about four weeks time, she'll be making her appearance in the world."

"Ugh, there's so much to do!" Harry groans out, slowing a stop sign. "We've the nursery to continue setting up, we've got to buy clothes, nappies, bottles, car seat, and we've got to sort out the name and I've got to take off work, I'm actually freaking out about it." Harry taps the steering wheel anxiously as he nears his childhood home.

"Well, don't freak out or you'll freak your girlfriend out!"

"Yeah Harry, plus you need not worry about all that. Louis offered to help with the nursery next week, Moxy is going to be in town for the baby shower in a couple days as well, unfortunately-"

"Hey! I heard that! You will have a baby shower and you will appreciate it. The amount of work Moxy and I have put in for the shower is going to pay off. So no complaining!"

I sigh heavily and lean back in my seat, watching as Harry smirks out from the corner of my eye. It's not that I don't want a baby shower; it's just that I don't see the fuss in it all.

"Plus, after the shower you won't need to worry about clothes and nappies, those will be covered, so relax, hobnob."

"She's right, Harry. You and Louis will have the nursery set up in no time and we're already working on the name, we just haven't decided on one yet." I mutter as Harry pulls into the drive outside of his parents' home.