✗ sixty-four ✗

SHAY

29 December

Moxy had many questions for me when I arrived at her parents' home around half one in the morning with mascara blotching my cheeks and shaking limbs. Gemma answered as many as she could in the little time she wanted to spare before returning to her own flat. 

Niall had appeared at Moxy's side minutes after she threw the door open, completely startled by my presence. Moxy's parents were thrilled to see me, despite the tears that painted my skin and the devastated expression that seemed to be slowly making itself permanent on my face.

Moxy's mother, Yvonne, sent me to bed after feeding me a bowl of soup and telling me that I could stay for as long as I pleased. Alexander, Moxy's dad, threatened to kill Harry as any father would in a situation like this, well except for mine. Niall helped me up the stairs and down the hall to the guest room in the Lancaster household, telling me that he'd speak with Harry if that were what I truly wanted. And Moxy laid with me until the sun's rays shone through the grey curtains that hung before the windows.

I spent the next three days, holed up in the Lancaster household, crying and eating Ben and Jerry's ice cream with my girls at my side. Niall had left the day prior to today; driving over to my house to gather some more clothes for me, as well as apparently speak to Harry was "a proper mess". In the end it was just three entire days that I spent in, or around, bed spilling tears over Harry kissing another girl.

I suppose deep inside my heart I know that Harry would never do that to me on purpose. He was probably telling the truth when he said that he didn't kiss her, but she kissed him.

Regrettably, this doubt still remains in my mind that I will never be good enough for him and that he would be better off kissing other girls. Why would he want me when he can have a thin, beautiful, educated woman that is perfect on the inside and out?

"I'm ordering you to get out of bed."

"Moxy, not now; I beg of you." I plead; pulling the duvet up towards my chin and curling myself in the smallest formation I possibly can with a seven, practically eight, month along baby bump. She's been bugging me day and night, both her and her mother. In way I don't mind it though, at least I'm getting some parental love. "I just want to sleep, eat, and watch the telly."

Moxy slams the guest room door shut behind her and swiftly walks over to the side of my bed. She throws the duvet off my body and onto the floor, causing the cool air to nip at my bare feet. I moan loudly and shoot her the middle finger. She has no understanding for personal space or alone time.

"I have had enough of you mopping around. If it weren't for what's to come today I wouldn't even still be here, babe. I'd be back in Dublin with my man. Would you still be here, chilling with my parents?" I shrug my shoulders. Would I still be here? Would I even want to return home or would I be hiding out at Gemma's place? "Guess what, tomorrow morning we're both out of here! You're going home and I'm going on holiday with Niall."

"Shush, I'm not going anywhere."

"Stop being stubborn, bitch." She responds, her words barely fazing me. 

I know I'm stubborn; it's a known fact to all. My parents know it, my friends know it... my boyfriend knows it. 

"Do you know how many bloody phone calls I have received from Harry? At first I didn't answer them, believing that he was the lying, cheating bastard you made him out to be. But, babe, I'm sure he didn't mean to kiss her. I hate to say it, but I think you're just overreacting."

I sit up in bed, resting my back against the headboard and my arms over my chest. I know I overreact, it's in my bloodstream to overreact to things easily, but I hate being called out on it. If I'm overreacting to tell me, I most likely already know.