Part Thirty Nine (Pt.2): Prayers, Health, and Parties

March 11th and July 1st

~ Third person~ "You'll feel better I promise." Also keep mind when Koreans are born they are already a year. I realize I've been using international age this whole time. 😂

         "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!" Everyone in the kitchen cheers as they toot whistles and scream. The excited twins look confused from their high chairs but squeal none the less. Each one has their own lil cake with candles in each of them. "Go ahead and blow out the candles!" Taehyung says, showing the two how use their breath while video taping them and holding their 8 month old sister. Jungmin tries his hardest but all he's doing is making a farting sound with his tongue and eliciting laughter from Jimin who goes to help him. Jungyoon is completely clueless as Yoongi just blows it out for her. "Yayyyy!" Yoongi says, clapping to make his daughter smile and clap too.

Jungkook laughs so hard at Jimin putting icing on Jungmin's nose that he's close to hyperventilation. The little boy realizes what his dad is doing and takes a handful of cake to Jimin's face with a giggle. "Oh god, you boys are going to ruin these floors." Jimin's mom says, wiping her chuckling son off. She was going to wipe off Jungmin too but he was already covered and happily shoveling cake into his mouth with his hands. His sister, however, let Yoongi feed her with utensils and was crumb free.

         "I'll go cut our cake. You want some chocolate cake baby?" Taehyung sing songs, making Minji gurgle in response. "I'll help." Ms. Kim says, helping the dad with the plates. "Wow to think it has been a year since you've pushed them out of your-" "Jeezus Taehyung!" Yoongi calls from across the room, making the other dads cackle. "I'm just saying Yoongs. It's awesome." The younger replies. Yoongi sighs but gives a small smile knowing that the younger means well. "You won't feel that way in four months." He mumbles under his breath, thinking no one heard him. He can't feel the younger's eyes on him as he tries to remain "happy" for at least today.

   While this is a happy event and he's overjoyed at having one year olds, the dad can't believe they're this big already. He's been dreading this day especially since... that horrible experience. Losing a child you didn't even know you had is... absolutely the worst thing. He was completely unlike himself for the first week. He seemed more like a zombie than a human being. Even though they got him counseling, but he never really talked about it. He couldn't sleep well or eat well. When Jimin came home in February, he took over Yoongi's usual place of caring for everyone. He insisted the older rest and constantly encouraged him without pushing him too hard. It made the oldest feel guilty but he just... couldn't help his feelings.... I wonder if they would have been a boy or a girl... maybe a boy version of Minji...

    "Yoongi? Do you want cake?" Taehyung asks, standing over the dad with a plate full of it in hand. The older fakes a smile embarassed at being caught staring off. He turns to see his daughter straining to eat the cake off the fork he had just out of her reach. "No thank you Tae." He says, his voice sounding indifferent and making the younger father pout. He pulls Jungyoon out of her chair to sit on his lap as he feeds her on the floor. That's one thing that always made him feel better when he first came home, his babies hugs and kisses. Jungmin was constantly cuddling him and napping on his chest as if he just sensed something was off. And just like a siren, as soon as Yoongi looked like he was about to cry the baby would squeal letting the other dads know his dad needed a tissue or to be comforted.

    Jimin plops his ass down right in front of Yoongi scooping up some of his cake onto the fork and holding it out. "Jimin, what are you doing?" The older asks, raising a eyebrow. "You're feeding Jungyoon and I'm feeding you, open up." He says, making a "choo choo" noise. Yoongi furrows his brows and Jimin gives him a 'You can try and refuse' look back. "Just eat your own damn cake-" The older is cut off by a fork full of the sugary goodness and his surprised face makes the others laugh including the babies. "My mama taught me to share so you will eat this cake with me Yoongi Hyung." Jimin says, before shoving a fork full in his own mouth and making his mother face palm proudly. "Hyung"...I haven't heard that in a while... The younger looks at Yoongi strangely as the older blanks out. Right... I'm the Hyung... I should be caring for him. Yet here he is doing all these things for me...