Long Live the Demon

Start from the beginning

"Bullshit," a human student muttered.

"You never cared about any of them."

Hemlock ignored them. "You were adopted by the Dreemurr royal family, right? How did the monsters feel about that? Did they consider you a princess?"

Chara blushed. She ran her finger along the delta rune imprinted on her golden heart locket. "Some monsters have called me that, yes."

"Fascinating!" Hemlock exclaimed. "Human monarchies rarely considered adoption to be a legitimate part of a royal family. Monsters appear more inclined to believe that family is stronger than blood, or dust in their case, and not to mention you were, well, a human! Monsters truly are an interesting society!"

A human student named Elodie raised her hand. "Umm, Mr. Hemlock? Not to be rude, but I feel like you're going off topic."

He nodded. "Ah, yes. I apologize for digressing, but it's not every semester I have such a historical figure in my classroom." He looked at the clock. "Well, there's not much time left. Unless you have any questions, I think I'll let you off early."

The whole classroom perked up, until Elodie raised her hand.

"Yes, Elodie?"

Elodie frowned. "Mr. Hemlock... do you think the Human-Monster War was justified?"

Hemlock frowned too. "A month ago, I would have confidently answered 'no.' However, after Boaris murdered over eleven billion humans and one million monsters, I'm not so sure anymore."

"I see..." She sighed. "Well, I still think it was wrong."

"Yes, you have a compassionate heart, Elodie." He looked around the room. "All right, you can go now."

Everyone wasted no time packing up and leaving. With a few taps on her phone, Chara stored her notebook in her dimensional box and walked out of the classroom. In the hall, Elodie stopped her.

Elodie smiled. "Hey, Chara!"

"U-uh, greetings."

Why are you talking to me?

Elodie giggled. "You talk so funny, Chara."

Elodie was a kindhearted girl who was well-liked among both her teachers and her fellow classmates. She had long hair dyed pink, and she had green eyes. She gave Chara a warm smile.

"How I speak is none of your concern," Chara replied.

"Oh, I'm sorry if I offended you," she apologized. "I didn't mean anything by it."

"Does this conversation have a purpose? If not, I really must be on my way."

Elodie laughed. "A purpose? Well, I just wanted to see if you'd like to join me and my friends for lunch."

What? Who on Earth would want to be friends with me? Well, you know, besides Frisk, Flowey, Mother, Father, Undyne, Alphys, Papyrus, and Napstablook... Yeah...

Despite herself, Chara got a bit flustered. "U-uh, you are kind to offer, but today happens to be my boyfriend's birthday, so..."

"Ah, that's okay! Another time, then. You two have fun!"

Chara smiled. "Umm, thank you. We shall."

Huh, does she really want to be my friend? I almost feel bad for brushing her off. She does seem like a nice person. Perhaps another time.

They parted ways. Chara headed for her next class.

#

Lunch couldn't have come fast enough. Chara waited by the picnic tables outside the cafeteria. Where was he? He was late. Shouldn't he have gotten here by now?