One thing was for sure, Felicia wasn't the exactly innocent, harmless girl Chara thought she was.

Flowey crawled on her shoulder. "You'll be okay, Chara. You cheated death itself. Felicia should be no problem for you."

Chara wiped more tar off her eyes. "Asriel, look at me. I am not okay."

"You'll get better."

"You will," Frisk said.

Chara breathed deeply. "I... I hope you're right."

Flowey smiled. "Hey, I bet you can make a real creepy face now!"

"Asriel, now is not the time for jokes."

Frisk smiled too. "I bet you would still look cute if you smiled!"

She turned just a bit more pink. "Frisk..."

"Yeah!" Flowey agreed. "Smile for us, Chara!"

Chara glanced at each of them. "Are you not even a little afraid of me?"

"I am afraid for you," Toriel answered, "but I could never be afraid of you."

Frisk and Flowey both nodded in agreement.

They broke the hug. For them, Chara made just a small smile. "Thank you, so much."

"Of course," Toriel replied. "We are all here for you, Chara."

"Hey, you do look cute!" Frisk exclaimed. "I love your regular eyes, but this is pretty attractive in its own way!"

She shook her head. "Frisk, you can't be serious."

"No, I mean it!" He carefully picked up a shard of glass. "Here, look!"

She wasn't seeing it. She was hideous. Well, she supposed her dark eyes did have that demonically seductive quality to them, but all that tar was utterly repulsive. "Really, Frisk? You want this? I don't even look human. I think..." She frowned. "I think I really am a demon."

Frisk kept smiling. "You know what? Even if you are, that's okay!"

"What?! Frisk, how is being a demon okay?"

"Well, being a monster is okay, isn't it?"

"U-umm..."

Chara could see what he was trying to say. Humans often used the word 'monster' to describe a terrible person, but the actual monster race was full of good people. Perhaps... being a demon was not so different.

"So," she said, "I'm a demon, and I should be proud of it?"

"Yep!" Frisk cheered. "If you're a demon, then you're the best demon I've ever met!"

Frisk...

She couldn't help but laugh. "Frisk, you never cease to amaze me."

He showed off her reflection again. "And look, it's turning back to normal already."

So it was. Chara watched as the color returned to her eyes. The tar stopped dripping, and Chara regained her normal human appearance.

"See?" Flowey asked. "What did I tell you? Nothing to worry about. There was no need to break a mirror over this."

"Oh, right!" Chara bowed. "Mother! I'm sorry for breaking it!"

"Seriously," Flowey said. "Punching a mirror? That's pretty much the most miserable thing you can do, and you said I was the crybaby."

"Think nothing of it," Toriel replied. "I can replace that mirror. I cannot replace you."

"You are too kind, Mother," Chara said.