Chapter 92: Sacrificial protection.

I placed my hands on his shoulders and violently shook him. "Where is she?!" I screamed. He looked at me with some sort of apologetic way  and uttered, "M-Maybe she'll be happy here. I'll make sure she gets everything she needs." I stared at him in horror. "And I'll make sure the kids visit her frequently; at least twice a week. This way she'll never be really lonely." he quickly added nervously. He messed with his fingers, avoiding my fixed gaze upon him. I could tell his palms were getting sweaty from how often he rubbed his hands angainst his pants to wipe them. 

"I defended you last year." I started. He finally lifted his eyes, looking into my direction. "I came into this courtroom and stood by your side, ignoring all the looks of hate that were thrown at me from the second I entered. Do you know how it was hard for me to bare the constant mean judgements coming from my own family? No, no you don't. You know nothing about pain, afterall. Everything has been served to you on a silver plate since the day you were born. That's how your lazy ass ended up here in such a high social level."

He seemed completely oblivious about what I was saying to him. "You don't understand?" I asked, in my sweetest possible tone at this moment. He gave a quite  hesistant no sign with his head. " Stop lying." I said, immediately countinuing. " And why? Cause I trusted your head wasn't full of trash and dirty thoughts. At least not enough to buy pictures of a 13 year old while she was taking a bath." He immediately cut me off, trying to defend himself. "I did nothing wrong, I swear. I told you how those guys framed me!" "So they also are the one who 'forced' you to go to that place fulled of abused kids, together with pedophiles?" I asked calmy, crossing my arms. He looked horrified. "How..." "I simply followed you. I wanted to be sure I had done the right thing. And to be honest, I would have prefered  not having known the truth. Maybe that's why I kept this a secret. "

"I know why you are wanting to keep this girl with you. You know the media is watching each and every move you make. But your needs have to be satisfied and this little girl is just the perfect opportunity, am I right?" His whole body tensed. I turned around, nearing the exit.

"But you, filthy bastard, have a family. This, I have no right to destoy." I opened the door, preparing to leave. A sigh, certainly of relief, could be heard coming out of his lips. I gladly wrecked this relief. "Instead, I'll let the media do it." I left the house and started walking fastly, expecting him to be chasing me behind. He didn't. I turned around only to see him scribbling something on that damned book. A fraction of a second later, I heard a deafningly loud horn. Out of reflex, I quickly moved to the side, avoiding a fatal hit. Smoke coming from the now destroyed car partly hid the figure of Y/d/n who was staring at me in horror. I was only a few inches away from him. I only realised it was my name he had written when he whispered in aw, "You defeated the death note..."