Chapter 55: New start.

(Your p.o.v)

L had to move to another hotel after the...incident. Let's call it this. The destination was still unknow to us. The only ones eho knew where it was were Matsuda and Aizawa. I was really eager to see them again.

Ever since the Kira case was over, they started working for L. Aizawa became L's personal scientist and Matsuda was...well, Thunder and Percy's 'bodyguard' as he likes to say. I know he really enjoys playing with them and Thunder and Percy too like him a lot.

The ride was extremely long which was a good thing. It would be dangerous to leave suspicions by staying near the same hotel.

The little monsters were sleeping silently on my lap. Mello eventually fell asleep, too, with a chocolate in his mouth as always. Near enjoyed looking at the sunset through the window, Neha and Matt, too were sleeping together, cuddling. B ,who was sitting on the passenger seat, was eating jam from a pot I did know where he got from and Watari was concentrated on the road. Draknar, on the other hand, was sitting on the roof of the car, his head popping out from the window. He was staring at us.

Completely ignoring my Shinigami, I leaned on L and my head on his shoulder. He kissed my forehead and wrapped one of his arm around me. I like it when he sits normally. It's more comfortable. A warm breeze caressed our face.

I saw Watari looking at us from the mirror and smiled. I smiled back, feeling once again like it was my grandfather.

I like how we were right now. It was comfortable but not too lovey-dovey. We didn't have to say "I love you" all the time cause we already knew it. We didn't have to always act as lovers, we could have some moments of pure friendship. It was a simple love, a love I loved.

Ha, I don't know why I am even saying this to myself right now.

We finally reached our new home at 9 in the afternoon. I gasped. The house was huge. A large yard full of trees, ponds of fishes here and there, a small playground; everything was here.

I looked at L, who smiled at me."Like it?" he asked. I immediately nodded to which he laughed.As the others came out of the car, they gasped one by one. Thunder and Percy, who were in my arms, jumped out and started playing around.

"Wow, L. You must have a fortune...a also a good taste." Neha said looking around. Mello nodded in agreement. "Wow. This is very beautiful, indeed." Near stated.

We helped Watari take the luggage out of the car boot. There weren't many. It was just some of Neha's suitcases and that's all. Matsuda and Aizawa had already taken the boys' and my luggage. We then entered the house to be greeted by confettis literally on our face.

"Matsuda, you baka! I told you to shoot the confetti up in the air, not to throw it directly on their face!" Aizawa scolded. We all laughed. I noticed the large board on which was written "Welcome to your new home!" . I smiled. A new home means a new start.

(A/n: So, I have a bad news. This is the last early update. School is starting back tommorow so it will go back to 2-3 chapters a week. :'(

I really hate it when school starts again. Its the worste feeling. x-(

Anyways, enough sadness. Do you enjoy the story so far. It seems a lot of you like my sister, btw XD. Her wattpad account is so lame though. Check her out if you want. Its TheRickgrimesxx.

Another pic of Kanato. :-) )