Chapter 50: Aftershock

(Neha's p.o.v)

I rushed to my, well, Kevin's car and turned it on. I drove to the hotel where L and Y/n while calling Matt. Thank god, I knew he and the two others were save. He had told me that he was in the arcade with Mello and Near. When he finally replied, I explained him everything.

"I'll be at the hotel in 2 mins." he quickly replied and hung up. I put my phone back in my pocket. After a while, I arrived at the hotel. I looked up at the building, searching the room where L supposed to be. Oh god, the explosion was bigger than what I thought. Ash could be seen near the room wall.

I quickly entered the building and went straight into the stairways. It would be too risky to use the elevator. When I finally arrived, I was greeted by a horrible sight. Watari was trying to help L but it seemed he just didn't know what to do.
Beyond, on the other hand, was weeping, holding Y/n's body close to him. I'm not even talking about the room. It was so dark due to the ashes and the smoke was still around. It was actually difficult to breathe.

My hands felt cold as a rush of adrenaline rushed through my body. 'No, Neha. Not now. You have to be strong and  get everybody out of this deep shit. Crying can wait.' I went to Watari. Once my eyes finally met his, I noticed he was on the verge of crying.

"Miss Tress! (that's her family name XD) Oh god, thanks you are here. I don't know what to do. I was in the kitchen when I heard an explosion from Miss L/n's room. I went there and saw L on the floor as well as Y/n... I-I don't know.... I-"
"Calm down, Watari. I'm gonna tell you what to do. He nodded, still shocked. "O-okay."
"Call an ambulance and then the police. Make sure every secret files L has are hidden. Can you do this?"
"Y-Yes. I can do this." He said and at once left. Poor him...

I rushed to Beyond's side, his clothes were a bit burnt. His tear-stained face and blood-shot eyes were the only thing I could remark. "Beyond, listen to me. I need you to help me. But first, you must calm yourself." It seemed as if he was in a trance. "Y/n." he kept mumbling.

I heard the Ambulance coming. I quickly looked at Y/n to see if there were any serious injuries. " Look, Y/n is fine. Plus, the ambulance is coming. Dhe will be alright. Now please, get up. I really nneed your help." his face turned to me. After some time, he nodded.

The ambulance reached our room finally and took Y/n and L away. I watched sadly as my friend left the room. "Okay. The police will be here soon. We need to help Watari hide L's files before they come. " I finally said. "Okay." Beyond replied.

(Time skip to arrival of the police.)

We had finished hiding everything and were out of the building, covered with a blanket. One by one, the police officer's interrogated us. When it finally cam to my turn, they couldn't get any information from me as I could not stop my crying.

(A/n: Pretty sad chapter. Anyways, I'm updating tommorow. The song is Car Radio by 21 pilots.)