Chapter 4: The proposal.

[A/n: This is not supposed to be the day L tells you to marry him...yet! ;-)]

(L's p.o.v)

I was decided. I'm going to tell y/n to join the SPK task force. She will be with me 24/7 so that I can clear any suspicion and she can also help me in the case. I will pay her a high amount of money and will hire a maid for taking care of her mother and if I am lucky, she will accept to be my personal cook.

"Ryuga? What is wrong?" I looked at her intently and asked "Would you like to join the task force? You could help me and I could watch you 24/7 to clear all suspicion of you being Kira." I said bluntly.

She looked down at her feet and started twirling a piece of her h/c hair. That act reminded me of Near. "What about my mom?" she asked bringing her legs to her chest." 'Don't worry, I've planned everything. A personal maid will take good care of her. I will be the one paying for anything." She thought for some more time and nodded in agreement. "You seem to have a lot of money. Which detective are you actually?" She asked narrowing her eyes.

"Okay,it's settled then. Someone called Watari will pick you up at 3:00 am. Pack all your belongings when you get home and wait in front of your gate." I said ignoring her question.

(Your p.o.v)

I shrugged it off and nodded at Ryuga. Now that I think of it, I've not experienced any social anxiety while I was with him. Maybe it's because of all that weirdness. In some way, he looks like a child. It's cute... Wait what?!

I shrugged that really weird thought off and went to my next class as the bell had already rung.

[time skip to school ending]

I directly went to my house where I rushed to my bedroom .I didn't really have much things to take apart clothes. When I finished to pack all my belongings, I went to my mother's  room. She was in her wheel chair as always. Through the years, I've learned to get used to her being in the wheel chair, not moving a single muscle. I looked down at my feet."Mom, I'm going to work on a case." I did not know any other way of announcing this. There was silence. I looked at her." It's for us that I'm doing all that. Couldn't you show a hint of emotion?" She remained still  emotionless. She didn't even look at me. She kept her gaze on the T.V screen which was turned on.

As tears started to fall uncontrollably on the ground, anger started to build inside of me. I went to the T.V screen and turned it off. "LOOK AT ME !!!" I yelled. Shocked, she did as told."FOR GOD'S SAKE, SHOW SOME EMOTIONS. IT'S BEEN 13 WHOLE YEARS SINCE I NEVER SAW ONE FROM YOU. ALL THOSE YEARS I CARED FOR YOU, IT REALLY MEANT NOTHING FOR YOU?!" To that she looked away reluctantly. I understood the message. I stormed out of the room, tears still falling down.

I took a shower still thinking about what happened just a few minutes ago.'She really didn't care for me. For what I did for her. For everything that happened these 13 years. All she cared about was joining him again.' I thought as I stepped out of the shower and started dressing myself with an f/c tank top and blue baggy jeans. It made me remember of Ryuga and somehow made me smile.

I brought my luggage downstairs. Just as I finished, I received a message that told me to go in front of the house. I knew it was Ryuga. I did as told and found a man in a black suit waiting for me.' That must be Watari.' I thought.' But for all I know that could be a kidnapper. After all, I'm going to join one of the biggest case.' "Who are you ?" he smiled gently at me. "I'm Watari. If you still don't believe me, here is the code Ryuga gave you : 097439892490239209930927493" I smiled at him and lifted my hand."Nice to meet you, Watari." He shook my hand and said " Nice to meet you too Miss Hailin." I nodded as he gestured to the black car behind him and I went inside of it.

'Here we go.' I thought as the car started. I took a last glance at my mother's window and smiled.