Chapter 69: Lost

(Your p.o.v)

I gulped as thunder just stared at me. "Amazing creatures they are, don't you think? " I looked over to see dad right beside Percy who was still eating. 'Wait am I still in the dream?' I thought hoping it was the case.

He got down on his knees and patted Percy's head. Surprisingly, it did not harm him. He got up and walked up to me. I could only glare at him. He bent down.

"They kill anyone in state of hunger. Anyone." His last word sent shivers down my spine. "Let's play a game. Its gonna be fun. Its called 'escape'. He got up then backed away and finally left the room. 'What did he mean?!'

Two men came from behind me and one of them took a hold of my hands. I was surprised and started struggling but he was too strong for me. I saw the other one get in front of me. He had a baseball bat in his hand. My eyes widened when noticed it. Before I could say anything, he hit with it and I passed out.

I had woken up with an enormous pain on the head.  As I blinked my eyes, the first thing I saw was that there were chains on each of my wrists holding them far apart. They were both attached to two walls facing each other. I was in a completely other room. It was dark and it smelled bad. I could barely see anything. But that roar. I heard it loud and clear. Oh god. I was stuck with a lion that wants to kill me.

I knew it was not the thunder I know. If we are in reality, I'm sure my dad is controlling his mind or something of the sort. Then I heard some other steps behind me. This was Percy. I knew the sound he made as he walked. My dad had locked me up with two big monsters who can to eat me anytime.

I struggled to get my hands out of the chains but in vein. Fortunately, I would not be killed already. They had already satisfied their hunger...with Neha... 'Oh Neha.. How can you be dead... You were so joyful and kind. How could anyone want to kill you.' I didn't realise that tears had already dropped from my face.

Neha was the only friend I had. Even more, I considered her as my own sister. And I don't even know if the others are in a better state than her. How could I be so stupid thinking it would be a child's play to defeat my dad? I was so pathetic...

All that was left for me to do now was die... Right?

But... Maybe, just maybe, this was still the dream. Maybe none of this happened in reality. My dad was only playing with my nerves. This sounds like something he would do. And even if it wasn't the case, there is a chance that the others are still safe and sound. I need not lose hope. I must stay strong. Even though I'm completely lost.

(A/n: Hellllllooo. I changed the book name and cover!!! Do you guys like it? Or nah!)