Chapter 12: Bad or good news?

(A/n: This is gonna be a long-ass chapter and I will tell you when to listen to the music to get in the mood... Well, only if you want to.)

(L's p.o.v)

The cake was delicious. I wonder why y/n doesn't work as baker. She would have become rich.

"Hey, L. I'm going to the university. Won't you come?" y/n asked, her hand on the doorknob with her f/c backpack on, well, her back.

I stood up and took out a lollipop from my pocket."Yeah, let's go." I said as I unwrapped the candy.

(time skip to reaching university.)

Me, Light and y/n all went to the music classroom. I like that class but I think subjects which involve intellectual skills are more important.

Y/n played drum. I was surprised. I thought she liked to play those instruments which are more quiet. She looked like a badass and I smiled to that.

I grabbed a flute and light grabbed a guitar. He would have looked like a badass too if he did not have that Justin bieber face.

We played for thirty minutes and damn, y/n is good at the drum. Light was horrible as well as me.

(Your p.o.v)

We finished with music class and directly went to the math class. We were given a pop quizz and it was so easy. I finished it in 5 mins and 15 sec as well as L and Light.

(Time skip to break.)

I went to the roof top as usual with L accompanying me. Imagay wanted to come with us so that we could talk about the Kira case but L told him that he needed to tell me something important.

"Thanks from saving me from Imagay." I told him. "No problem at all. But I really need to tell you something important." I just nodded and thought what was he going to tell me as we walked up the stairs.

We finally reached the roof top and I gave him half of my 3 layer cake. He thanked me and I gave him a smile.

"I no longer suspect you of being kira." he said out of nowhere. I was shocked at first but then I was happy.

He trusts me. I don't actually care if I am trusted or not but right now, we are talking about the world's greatest detective ever.

Or is it because of something else? Anyways, what matters right now is that I will be no longer spied and can fully help in that Kira case.

As I was eating my piece of cake happily, my phone rang and it was the maid that L hired for me. I answered the call.

-Hello?
-Hello. It's me. Miss you have to come to the hospital. Your mother is dying.

(play the song now.)

I dropped my phone and it fell to the ground as well as my knees. My lips trembled and my sight became blurry. All seemed to slow down. I heard L calling me but it faded away.

He came next to me and kneeled down. He shook me a little but I did not respond. He looked at my phone on the ground and took it.

(L's p.o.v)

I took Y/n's phone and answered it. It was Agatha. The maid I hired for y/n. Once I got the terrible news, I looked at y/n to see her crying quietly.

Seeing that she was in no state of walking, I helped her to the head office where I told the headmaster what happened. He agreed to let us leave the basement for today. I quickly phoned Watari.

-Hello, Watari, I need you to come take me from the university right now. I'll explain later.

-Okay L, goodbye.

I looked at y/n again to see her still crying. Her fists clenched tighly together. A few minutes passed and Watari came. We both entered the car, y/n now hugging me tightly, crying into my chest.

"What happened L? And why is Y/n crying. I mouthed 'her mom died' not wanting her to hear what I was saying.

(Your p.o.v)

My mom died. Is that a good thing? Or is it a bad thing? Am I crying because she died or is it because of what she did and now I'm relieved.

What the fuck is wrong with me? Why can't I be like a normal person with a normal family? Why do I have to be so wierd?

As I kept asking myself tons of question, we had reached the hospital and L snapped me back to reality.

"Y/n, we arrived at the hospital. Come on. Let's go." I took a deep breath and nodded. I wiped away my tears and walked with L by my side.

I made my way to my mother's room to see her lying on the bed, her skin was pale and she was not moving at all. That is when I realised why I was crying.

I was happy. Happy to know that it was all over. No one would ever taunt my dreams again at night.

I smiled gently at my mom's corpse.

Even though she was not the best mother, I was neither the best daughter. She made a lot of errors but error is human. I forgive her for what she did. It was not her fault. It was my dad's.

"Rest in piece, mom."