Chapter 59: The break is over.

(Your p.o.v, your dream.)

I was still on my bed, barely aware that I was actually dreaming. L and I were still relating scary stories to each other. It was now my turn to tell one. I thought well and remembered the story of  the choking woman. I closed my eyes to concentrate on the story.

"It was at night." I started. "I woke up and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. When I was finished,I climbed a flight of stairs to go back to my room." I imagined everything I was saying.

"There, I saw my cousin sitting on one of the step, giggling. I asked her what she was doing. "I'm immitating the lady with the braid. She is making funny faces." she replied joyfully.

 I smiled, thinking it was her imagination. "And where is the lady?" "There." She said pointing at the kitchen. I started to get worried. I sat next to her. "What does she look like?" "She has a blue pijama, and has a brown braid." I was wearing a blue pijama too. "To be honest, she kinda looks like you." I gulped. 

"Except the you don't have that brown braid.... around your neck." she finished and started making funny faces again. That's when I realised what she was immitating. The woman didn't have a brown braid around her neck, but a rope. And my cousing was immitating the face of a person chocking."

I ended the story. I opened my eyes again and saw me in the kitchen. No. In a kitchen. I never was in this kitchen before. I then heard the sound of a stretched rope moving.

I froze. Was it...like in the story? I slowly turned around, not sure if that was a good decision. I immediately regreted it when I saw the body of a woman hanging right in front of me.

I backed away and fell in the process. Covering my mouth to not let any screams come out of it, I got up and tried to leave this horrible room.

I finally found a door and rushed to it without thinking. I quickly twisted the door knob, not looking back at all. Inside, there was only a painting. The walls were of a greenish blue colour. I sighed in relief when I saw that there was no hanging woman or whatsoever in this room

'This is definitely a dream.' I thought as I sat down on the floor, right in front of the art. I then looked at my hand. "It is a dream...right?" I pinched my hand and felt nothing at all. Good. Its a dream.

Well, maybe we should start to figure out how to wake up. I tried everything. I hit myself, shouted, pulled my hair and even tried to move in reality but in vain. I felt so tired so I sat back on my original place.

Well, there was really no way to get out of this dream until tommorow. Its amazing, though, how poeple can control what they are doing in their own dream. I looked ar the painting in front of me again.

Something seemed off about it. It was not like this when I first saw it. I stared at it for a good moment but nothing happened. I concluded it was only my imagination.

It was still a nice art. It was the portrait of a woman who seemed to live in a castle. She had a wonderful dress on her. But, if only she had smiled a little. It would have certainly been a masterpiece.

I started studying each and every detail of the portrait. I remarked a small note written below the  art. I stood up and went to the painting. I bend down and read the messsage. It seemed to be a story.

'Drill and I were babysitting our young cousin, Jessica while her parents were out on a date. She was currently painting in the kitchen while we were watching television in the next room.

After some time, I decided to check on Jessica. She smiled at me when she noticed me presence and went back to work. I smiled at her two. I looked at the table and my smile dropped. There was a big knife covered with blood on the table. I looked back her to see her glaring at me."

Okay. That's enough for me. I don't want to turn this dream into a nightmare. I took my eyes off the painting and turned around to see a girl sitting in front of a table, glaring at me, a knife in hand.

(A/n: Wow. Do you always make those types of dreams, reader?

I'm countinuing this dream in the next chapter. By the way, sorry for the wait. I did take time make this chapter between school and tuition and the fucking tests!!

As you can read from the title, the break is over. Meaning more trouble is coming soon. ;-)