Chapter 40: Death note?

(Your p.o.v)

"You have no idea how much I missed you, sister." Beyond's cracked voice said. I pulled away and looked at him, giving him a warm smiled. He gladly smiled back.

We stayed in this soothing silence for some time until he broke it. "Do you...remember anything about your past?" He said looking at me expentantly. I looked down and shook my head 'no'. He sighed. "So it means you don't recall your power too." he said rather to himself than to me. My head instantly shot up to the word 'power'. "What do you mean, 'power'?" He sighed again. "Do I really have to tell you?" I nodded immediately. He sat up straight. "Alright but..." he looked around the room and stopped when he saw the cameras "only if we are in private." he finished, his gaze always on the camera. I already knew he was talking about L since he was surely looking at us from the cameras and listening to our conversation. I looked at the camera too and gave a pleading look. Shortwards, an electronic voice came out. "Y/n, please join me in the computer room."

I sighed and looked at Beyond. He gestured me to go with his head and did as told, getting up
As I walked through the corridor, a feeling of anxiety built in my chest and my hands started trembling.

I entered the computer room where L was sitting on a chair in his usual crouched position in front of his computer. I was determined to make him agree to let me talk to Beyond in private. "Look, L. I really need to-" "You can talk to him in private. I believe that you will kick his ass if he tries to hurt you." he bluntly said before sipping some of his tea. I sighed in relief. "Wait, then why did you call me here?"

He looked at me emotionlessly for 3 mins 43 sec until he bluntly asked if there was still some cakes I made left. "THAT'S ALL YOU CALLED ME FOR?!" I yelled at him. He simply nodded. "Then why didn't you ask me that through the loud speakers?" he thought for sometime before replying. "Because that would be embarassing for me to ask you that in front of BB." "Yeah, as if its the place and the question which is embarassing." I rolled my eyes and exited the room to come once again with a piece of cake. As I was about to leave again, I felt a hand grab mine. I looked at L, confused. "Be careful, okay?" "Of course, L. Plus, its not like I'm going to war or anything like that. Don't worry." I reassured him and pecked him on the lips. He smiled and kissed me one more time before letting go of my hand.

(Beyond's p.o.v)

'Should I really tell her about it? What if she gets scared. What if she doesn't believe me and thinks I'm insane?! What if-" the sound of the door opening interrupted my thoughts. It was Y/n. "Alright. L turned off all the cameras. You can tell me. She said as she sat down facing me.

I took a deep breath. Fuck it, I'm telling her. "As you already know, I can see poeple's name and life-span. Poeple tend to call it a power or blessing even though its not really one. However, what you don't know is that you too got a power." I heard her laugh. "Yeah, yeah. Ri-" "Let me finish. It's not a joke." I said seriously giving her a glare. She gulped and nodded. "As I was saying, you too have power. But it's slightly different from mine. You can control someone by the mind.Also, you can't see poeple's name but you can see shinigamis. And if you are going to ask me what is a shinigami, it is a god of death.

All of our powers are related to one same thing.
...

...

...

...

The death note."

(A/n: What's up, everyone! I hope you liked that chapter. Thank you so much for the support. Nearly 5k. Yesss!! Anyways, I really missed you this week and I want to spend more time with you. So I'm gonna post another chapter later today. Bye bye.)