Chapter 13 : The funeral.

(This happens a week later during your mom's funeral. Also this is your p.o.v)

It was at my house. My mom's coffin was in the yard with some people around it. Probably her 'long-lost friends'.

I was currently in my room, a black dress with a black veil over my head. I watched as the people in the yard went to her and put a white rose over her coffin.

It was a long week. Many things have happened. I was tested a lot of times and all my emotions were mixed together. But during all those events, I had a shoulder to lean on.

L.

He was the one to hire me. He was the one who took me to the hospital. He was the one who took care of me when I was not very well. He was even the one who organised this funeral.

And right now, even though he should have been busy tracking kira, he is sitting on a chair in my yard, with a black costume.

It doesn't matter if he is not wearing shoes. It doesn't matter if people are giving him weird looks because of how he is sitting. What really matters is that he is here. For me.

L...thank you.

(L's p.o.v)

People gave me weird looks because of how I sit and this is starting to make me worry. Will y/n be disappointed by my attitude?

Rain started pouring heavily so Watari covered me with an umbrella. I looked at him confused. He knew I liked rain. "You have to be presentable for Miss Hailin." "Do you think
Hailin thinks I'm presentable right now? "

He smiled gently before replying. "Well it seems okay for her." He pointed at the window in y/n's room with his head. She was standing there, in a black dress. I had to admit it. She looked gorgeous.

I gently smiled at her and she smiled back. She left her room and after 45 sec, she was downstairs, sitting next to me.

(Time skip to after the funeral.)

The funeral was over and Hailin had shed a few tears. I can tell it was true ones. She is not someone who would fake her emotions like this.

We walked out of the cemetery, rain still falling down. Watari made us enter the black limousine. Y/n looked at the rain falling through the window, smiling gently to herself.

"Do you like rain?" I asked. She nodded, her eyes not leaving the window. "You want to go play a little bit outside?" She gave me a confused look." What about the SPK task force? Aren't they waiting for us?" "I took a day off." She nodded in agreement. Watari stopped the car and we went out.

(A/n: Sorry. It is short but 250+ reads and nearly 300 reads!! Thank you.)