(If you ever come back)

Start from the beginning

“Come in” The guy behind the door said. He sounded young; if he’s young then he is most likely to be an asshole. Opening the surprisingly warm handle (it’s probably because of my sweat) I opened the door and saw a blonde man smiling behind the desk. A smile magically appeared on my own face as I saw that I had one hot looking boss. He stood up from his chair and gestured for me to sit opposite of him. Sitting down on the leather seat the smile was still glued on my face.

“You must be April” He said looking at me with his own smile stuck on his face or his probably just trying to hide his inner emotions.

“The one and only” I replied a little too enthusiastically. He chuckled as his blue eyes twinkled in amusement.

“So why do you want to work here, in my company?” He asked as the smile had now left his face. Breathing out, I placed my extra achievement folder on his desk and looked him straight in the eye. I could just fill him up with lies on how this is the company that does everything according to my comfort or tell him the truth.

“You know what. I’m going to be honest with you, I could have just walked in here like a hundred of other people and just told a lie straight to your face…but I’m not. The reason I want to work in your company is because there are no other companies that I know who are asking for employment…I don’t even want to be here. I’m here by regret simply because no schools want me to be a teacher in their schools as according to them I don’t fit their standards. I know where I wanted to work. I wanted to work in New York, my home town but I had to move here, find a College and get a job so I can help provide for myself and my family. I didn’t have a choice so I know I’ve just screwed up this interview but you have no idea how good that felt…to just let it all of my chest. So thank you for your time Mr Salvatore but is there still any chance I can get this job” I asked him. All this time he just looked at me with a straight face and the only emotion that was being shown was from his icy blue eyes but it was very unreadable.

“You’re hired” I think I’m hearing voices in my head.

“Wait…what?”

“You’re hired. You know what I have had millions of people walking in here telling me lies and there’s a reason I’ve said no to all of them, because I’ve been waiting for a person like you to walk in and not fill me in with lies. I have no idea why schools don’t watch you because you have a pretty awesome CV. So Miss Lily you will start walking for me next week Monday nine am don’t be late” He said with a small smile on his face.

(End of flashback)

“Hey are you ok?” Leo asked as I snapped back into reality. He had stood up from his chair and was standing in front of me as he placed his warm hand on my cold arm.

“I’m fine. I was just thinking about when you first hired me” Leo smiled wider as he laughed slightly.

“That was someday wasn’t it?”

“It sure was”

“Now come on April. These dishes aren’t going to clean themselves”

************

“April you ready?” Leo asked from downstairs.

“Yeah just give me a couple of minutes” I yelled back. Leo and me watched World War Z last night and might I add my mood did lighten up a bit. I don’t need Bryan in my life; I don’t need to wait on him! If he’s moved on so should I. I’ll show him that I’m better off without him no matter how much it might hurt and how much nights it’ll make me cry, I’ll show him. Important information which I ended up finding out from text message is that it’s my high school reunion so I get to surprise the girls which would be awesome. I told Leo to come along with me as I would feel lonely and most importantly because Bryan would most likely be there. Touching up my makeup I grabbed my flats slipping them on as I walked down the stairs. Leo was on his phone and cleaned up very nicely. He had on a blue button shirt with a pair of faded blue jeans, he must have noticed I came down because he looked up and just stared at me.