Till the Petals Fall

Start from the beginning

"Chara... I've wanted to date you since... Well, remember that random girl who asked me out a while back, and I told her I liked someone else?"

Chara's eyes widened. "Frisk... you meant... me?" She giggled. "You wanted me before I even had a body? How was THAT going to work?"

Frisk smiled. "Well... I guess you could say you were... close to my heart."

Chara howled with laughter. "Oh, Frisk! Mom would be proud!"

"So, what about you? When did you become interested? Was it my expert flirting?"

She smiled mischievously. "Well, remember when I flirted with Tsunderplane? Do you know what I whispered to them?"

"But Chara, I thought that was a secret."

She grinned. "I told them to back off, because you're mine!"

Frisk laughed. "So, you got a little yandere with Tsunderplane?"

"Haha, just a little... And, if I just had a SOUL, I'm sure I would have loved you back then too."

Frisk felt warmth in his SOUL. "You're so sweet..."

Toriel walked into the hall and smiled at them. "You two seem quite cheerful this evening. Did something special happen?"

Frisk froze. They hadn't told her. She had no idea they were about to start dating.

"Oh, Mom..." Chara said. "Uh... Frisk and I are going to the MTT Resort tonight."

"Well, that sounds lovely! What about Asriel? Is he coming with you?"

"Umm... n-no, just me and Frisk."

"Oh, well, I suppose if Asriel does not wish to come, that is-"

"I'd LOVE to come!" Asriel crawled into the hall with a big smile on his face. "Golly! Why didn't you guys tell me you were going somewhere? Don't tell me you forgot about your best friend!"

"B-Brother," Chara stuttered. "Uh... Frisk and I have reservations at the restaurant for just the two of us..."

"Just the two of you? Why, my dear sister, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you and Frisk are going on a date!"

"Asriel!" Toriel shouted. "Do not be ridiculous! Simply because Frisk and Chara have reservations at an elegant restaurant does not mean... Is this a date?!"

Frisk and Chara both blushed. "Y-yes," Frisk breathed.

Toriel stared at them dumbfounded, and then she relaxed, as if realizing something. "Oh..." She laughed. "Ah, Frisk. You really are an 'interesting' young man!"

...She thinks it's a joke...

She was still laughing. "All right, you two! Have fun on your 'date!'"

She thinks it's a joke!

Frisk was about to speak up and stress that he was serious... this time, but Chara interrupted him and said, "Yes, Mother! We will!"

"Oh, all right," Asriel said. "I'll let you two have your fun. See you soon!"

Frisk couldn't leave before making it clear. "But Mom! This is-"

Chara grabbed his arm and yanked him away. "Let's get going, Frisk! We don't want to be late!"

"But-"

"Let her think what she wants," Chara whispered.

"But..."

She dragged him outside into the late sunset, and she closed the door. "Don't worry, we'll tell her soon. I just... I just want you right now."