"And you're not just attractive on the outside," Frisk went on. "You're also strong, brave, and determined. You would do anything for the ones you love."

She laughed harder. "You are such a flirt! It's possible that you may have a problem!"

Frisk was tempted to keep pushing, to make it clear that he wasn't joking with her, but now was not the time for that. Chara was far too distressed for him to drop a bombshell like that on her. He bit his tongue and kept his feelings bottled up. He had been hiding them for a year. A little longer wouldn't kill him.

Chara's laughter died down. "But, Frisk, about the Embassy. Are they not going to arrest me... or...?"

Frisk gave her a reassuring smile. "No, Chara. Remember the treaty? You have nothing to worry about."

"Oh. So... what exactly happened?"

"Right! We have a lot to catch up on!"

Frisk told Chara everything that happened in the Embassy.

"Umm... that's the exact opposite of how Boaris was acting before," Chara said.

"I know!" Frisk exclaimed. "It makes no sense! He hated humanity too! Why is he so happy to condemn you all of a sudden? It's... it's not fair!"

"I don't know, but I have something important to tell you too. I recently learned something... interesting about Malcom."

Chara told Frisk about her dreams. She told him everything she had found out about Felicia.

Frisk couldn't believe what he heard. "What? To be honest, I never really liked Malcom, but I don't think he would do something like that."

"Someone murdered Felicia," Chara said. "Chances are, her parents had a hand in it. They obviously hated her; they were afraid of her. They were willing to kill their own daughter just to keep the monsters sealed away."

Chara sounded so certain, but could Felicia's parents have really murdered their own daughter? Then again, Frisk knew from experience that not all parents loved their children.

Chara sighed. "Although... I still don't know exactly what happened. I'm not sure how she was murdered, and I'm not sure what her brother's role in it was. I just know that it couldn't possibly have been an accident. World Masters don't just keel over like that..." She smiled at him. "You're proof enough of that."

"Right," Frisk said. "How could they have countered Felicia's ability to reset?"

"That's why Malcom probably had something to do with it. Siblings tend to possess similar amounts of determination. It's possible that Malcom was injected with extracted DT, like that terrorist we encountered earlier."

"But... wouldn't Malcom have become... uh... melty...?"

"Not if he was already close. Usually, when someone tries to become the World Master through DT injection, they just melt to death. In order for it to work, they have to already be close to becoming the World Master. As Felicia's sister, Malcom may have been close enough to take control of the timeline without melting at all." Chara's expression turned grave. "Of course... another possibility is that Felicia simply choose not to reset... We have no way of knowing how many times she was killed."

Frisk wasn't sure which was worse. The thought of Felicia being betrayed her own brother was horrifying, but the thought of her being killed countless times was horrifying too. Frisk didn't want to think about being killed so many times that he lost all hope and gave up. He couldn't think of a worse way to go.

But, was Malcom really involved? Frisk remembered something that Malcom had said. "Umm... come to think of it, I think Malcom mentioned something about losing someone when he was a kid, which must have been Felicia. He said Felicia was close to him. It seems like he genuinely misses her."