"U-umm..."

Frisk's friends are so weird...

Sans looked at Flowey, who had an unimpressed look on his face. "You look like you have," Sans remarked.

Flowey scoffed and averted his eyes. Sans was clearly on to him...

"Say, Asriel..." Sans said. "You wouldn't happen to be the same flower who whispered to my brother, would you?"

"Wh-what of it?" Flowey asked.

"Nothing, really. Seemed like you were good friends, that's all. With you giving him all that flattery, encouragement, advice... predictions..."

Chara frantically changed the subject. "U-uh... Papyrus is really cool, huh?!"

"Heh, heh, of course he's cool," Sans replied. "Though... it's a good thing he gave up on the Royal Guard, and picked a better career. As soon as he gets lessons from someone that isn't Undyne, I'm sure he'll make something edible."

"Yeah. My mother is a good cook. Maybe Papyrus should ask her for help."

"I know, but Papyrus likes getting his lessons from Undyne."

Chara grinned. "Well, can you blame him? Undyne's the coolest!"

Sans chuckled. "Is she a heroine of yours?"

"Yeah! She's awesome! She would have done anything to free the monsters!"

"I don't doubt it. She was even more vehement on destroying humanity than Asgore."

Chara's smile faded.

Sans laughed it off, as usual. "But hey, that's alright. Lots of us felt like destroying humanity at some point."

Chara nervously laughed. "Uh, yeah... Speaking of that, there's something I feel like I should tell you."

"Oh? Did you want to destroy humanity too?"

"Well..." Chara she glanced around the restaurant, afraid of being watched. She felt exposed at the bar. "Umm... do you mind if we move to a booth?"

"Sure."

Chara picked up Flowey, and they moved to an empty booth. Chara and Sans sat across from each other.

"Chara, are you sure you want to tell him?" Flowey whispered. "This guy's dangerous. Trust me, you don't want to be on his bad side."

"I have to do this," she whispered back. "If I want to atone, the least I can do is let people know what I am."

"... fine, but I won't let him hurt you."

Chara looked at Sans, took a deep breath, and prepared to tell her story. She could do this. She had already confessed it to Frisk and Toriel. Why should Sans be any different?

"Sans," Chara began, "when we met, I informed you that I died of an illness, but that is only half the truth. I did not contract that illness naturally. Earlier, I had accidentally poisoned my father after baking a pie with Asriel. The recipe called for cups of butter, but I instead put in buttercup flowers."

Sans could not help but laugh a little. "That's a good pun... but I imagine the result wasn't very funny."

"No, it wasn't," Chara said. She frowned. "Asgore became very sick from the pie. I did not want to show it, but I felt terrible. Unfortunately, it gave me an idea for a stupid plan. By consuming the buttercup flowers, I could take my own life. Then, once my body perished, Asriel could take my soul, and together, we could escape the underground and gather six human souls to break the barrier, and grant everyone the freedom they all desired so badly. Monsters would have finally been free, and humanity would have been at their mercy."