Prank gone wrong!\\Harris

I walked into me and Harris's shared bedroom, quickly grabbing his present and putting it in my clothes drawer, cover it up with some articles of clothing. It was a penguin figurine, it was part of a hallmark collection he grew up with because his mother was a big fan. He told me how much he always wanted this specific penguin, mainly because it has a guitar and blue eyes. I knew how much he would love it. Our two year anniversary is today, and I had spent hours upon hours looking for that specific item. I had a bidding war with a single mom from Scotland, but in the end I still won it. I was more than excited to give him the gift and Harris was going to be home any minute with the boys. I looked around our apartment and realized it was completely trashed, so I thought I would tidy things up around the house before they got here.

I threw away all the candy wrappers on the table, rolling my eyes at the messy boy I proudly call my boyfriend. I vacuumed a little around the couch. I was about to fix a stack of books on the shelf facing our sofa, but something looked a little peculiar about them. I investigated, pulling one off the shelf, which instantly revealed a camera, red light blinking. I studied it, wondering what it could be about. Clearly Harris or one of the boys set it up, because it sure was not of my doing.

"I think a prank might be in store for me today." I mumbled to myself, pondering whether or not I should turn it off or make my own fun. I wasn't a fool, and if they thought they were going to pull some bullshit over on me, they had another thing coming. I decided to place the book where it was, if they were going to fuck with me, I would fuck with them right back. I finished cleaning right as they all walked through the door.

"Happy two year baby!" I exclaimed, playing it off as if I knew nothing about what was to come. I jumped into his arms and he embraced me smiling, but it wasn't the Harris smile I know, it was almost sad. I connected the dots in my head, this has to have something to do with the camera.

"Yeah, two years." He mumbled, putting me down. He shoved his hands in his pockets, his gaze falling to the floor. I had to admit, what ever he was playing, he was doing it well.

"What's the matter babe?" I asked him, grabbing one of his hands.

"Sit down Y/N." Adam said softly behind Harris's shoulder. I looked him in his eyes, seeing a hint of amusement. I knew if anyone was going to give anything away, with was Adam. Although there was the glint in his eyes, his face looked solemn, as did the rest of the boys.

"Ok." I spoke softly, trying to look as worried as I could. I walked over to the couch and faced them.

"C'mon man, do it. You can't keep doing this to her." I heard Naz say, pretending to try and talk quietly.

"Y/n." Harris sighed, sitting down next to me. I bit my lip to keep from laughing, this was going to be good.

"Yes?" I replied with fake concern. He looked me in the eyes, face hard, and, woah, tears brimming his eyes? I didn't know he was this good of an actor.

"I have to tell you something." He said, looking like it physically pained him to say these sentences. I looked over at the other boys, all of them with their heads down. I would bet my life that they were smiling.

"Do I have to do it?" Harris asked, turning towards them. All of their faces shot up.

"Yes." Slim said authoritatively. I had to say, they are playing these roles nicely. Harris let out a breath and looked back into my eyes. His dark ones looked sad and guilty. He bit his lip in anticipation and took a hold of my hand.

"I cheated on you." He blurted out, flinching at his own words. So that was it, that was the big joke? How original, I thought to myself. I pretended to be in shock while I thought of how to respond. Suddenly an idea popped into my head, these boys will never try this shit again. I had my eyes open for too long, so tears started to spill from my eyes, exactly what I needed.

"I have to tell you something too." I said, blubbering out the best sob I could. I looked around at all of them, they were hanging on to my every word. This was going to be fucking great.

"I cheated too." I said, tears still falling. Harris's eyes went wide, Naz's and Slim's mouth dropped, and Adam screamed a very loud "WHAT?!". Harris dropped my hand down and stood up.

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? WITH WHO? TELL ME Y/N, WITH WHO?" He started screaming, he looked so fucking angry and hurt. I almost felt bad, but the key word is almost.

"A guy I met at a bar, while you were on tour." I mumbled the first lie that came to mind. I looked at the other boys, they were in shock.

"Y/N what the hell?! Why the fuck would you do something like that?" Naz asked me, coming up to Harris's defense. Harris paced around the room, but stopped in front of his mates and turned to look at me. Adam and Slim put the hands on his shoulder in comfort, and tears spilled from Harris's eyes.

"I'm sorry, but it's okay right? We're even, I cheated on you, you cheated on me. We can just forget about it now, put it behind us!" I said, jumping up.

"NO OF COURSE IT'S NOT OKAY, YOU CHEATED ON ME. YOU'RE THE LOVE OF MY LIFE Y/N, THIS FUCKING HURTS LIKE HELL!" Harris screamed in my face. I couldn't hold it in anymore, and I bursted out laughing. I nearly doubled over in my fit of giggles, they all looked confused and angry at this.

"What about this is fucking remotely funny?" Adam spat at me. That's when I got a little annoyed with them. I straightened my frame up, looking at them all.

"The fact you actually thought I would fall for this. I found the camera on the bookshelf while I was cleaning. Don't get so butt hurt, I didn't fucking cheat on you Harris. I would never cheat on you, and you should know this by now. Don't ever try and pull a stunt like that again, because this just comes to show you that I am the master." I explained, arms crossing over my chest. They all looked puzzled for a few seconds, before breathing a sigh of relief. Harris muttered a "Thank god" before engulfing me in a tight hug, I gladly accepted, hugging him just a tightly.

"I learned my lesson, never try and prank Y/N, you will end up emotionally scarred." Naz said chuckling, shaking his head.