Outside the walls

{Muslim}
I made it up the stairs into the main hall with Will, Kirk and Rencie. I saw Josh and Jayden in the middle of the main foyer with a few bags sitting on the floor and a bunch of weapons on a pile beside them.
"Kirk and Rencie coming with us?" Jayden asked making me nod. He then glanced at Kirk and Rencie with Disgust, he doesn't trust them very well after how Kirk treated Jayden before.
"Alright, but I don't trust them with guns" Jayden said making me sigh. I turned to Kirk and Rencie and pulled out machetes from the pile on the floor. I handed one to each of them.
"Here" I said making them take it. I then handed them each a bag. "Alright, while me, Will, Jayden and Josh go plant the traps around the city, you guys scavenge around for food and medicine." I said making them nod. "Wait, Jayden you should go with them" I said making Jayden's eyes widened in shock and look at me.
"What?!" He said nearly yelling making me shush him.
"Would you keep quiet, there are still zombies beyond those walls" I said making him groan.
"Why do I have to?!" He said making me groan.
"You need to learn to trust these guys, and also, they might get lost" I stated making Jayden groan.
"Alright, we have 12 hours." Josh mentioned making me nod.
"Wait, shouldn't someone keep an eye on the girls?" Jayden asked making me look at the guys.
"I think they'll be fine while we're gone" I said making Will nod agreeing with me.
"Yea, they are pretty trustworthy. And with Eunice staying here, there's no way they will cause too much trouble" Will said making me nod. Jayden then rolled his eyes.
"Alright then" he said as he put his backpack on and walked out through the doors. I put my backpack on and cocked my gun.
"Kirk. Rencie. Follow Jayden, we will meet you guys outside" I said making Kirk and Rencie walk out through the doors. I looked at Josh and Will. I then took out a map of the entire city and placed it on the ground.
"Alright, I found this map in the storage room downstairs. So, I think we should fake our trails here, here and here" I said circling a few points on the map with a red marker.

•••

{Paisley}
An hour has passed and i was just sitting in my room. I was just tossing a bean bag I found up and down with me laying down on my bed. I groaned, bored outta my mind. Then I sat up and tried to think of something to do.
"Ugh," I said, fiddling with my fingers until a thought came into my head. A smile drew straight across my face making me rush towards my closet and looked around. Jesus the last owner owned a lot of stuff. I scuffed around the closet tossing out anything I didn't need. I then found an air horn in this messy ass closet making me gasp in excitement. I then rushed out of my room and ran down the stairs till I got to the main floor. I then ran towards the stairs to the cafeteria and ran down. Once I reached the last step of the stairs, I saw Eunice in the kitchen, cleaning up. I then giggled and ran into the kitchen doors only seeing her turn to me and giving me a confused look.
"Hey Paisley?" She said making me look around and spot the frying pans neatly hung up on the wall making me jog towards the pans and take one and grabbed a wooden spoon. I then rushed out of the kitchen doors.

{Eunice}
I crossed my eyebrows as soon as Paisley left the kitchen with a frying pan and a wooden spoon. I started to think of what she was gonna do with them. Then after a few minutes, I suddenly heard a bunch of noise coming from the...4th floor. Wait, how the hell can I hear that from all the way down here? What the hell is going on with me? I placed my cloth on the counter and walked out of the kitchen. I continued to walk up the stairs and looked around the main foyer. I then heard the girls scream on the 4th floor. I quickly ran over to the lounge. I looked around to seeing if Katherin and Praise were there. No. I'm guessing they were on the 4th floor with the rest of the girls. I then ran out of the lounge and entered the stairwell up to the 4th floor. I barged through the stairwell door and looked down the hall. Paisley was getting chased by Jewel and Kylah. I could hear her giggling and Jewel and Kylah cursing at her.
"Paisley get your ass back over here and give me my shoes back!" Jewel yelled making Katherin, Praise and Dani pop their heads out of each of there doors. They looked at the three girls running down the hall and then they laughed and began to run after behind them. Once they reached the end of the hall, I saw Paisley turn to the right into a different hallway. I could hear her banging the wooden spoon against the underside of the frying pan as soon as she turned to a different hallway. I can hear them laughing, all that joy they're feeling during this dead apocalypse? How is that even possible? How can they be laughing and having fun during this apocalypse when all there is, is danger. After a while just standing in the middle of the hallway thinking, I heard screaming and laughter me making me turn to the right seeing the girls running towards me.
"I got you Eunice!" Paisley screamed with a smile on her face. I gasped and all the sudden Paisley ran up to me and picked me up and rested me over her shoulder and kept running. The girls behind me continued to laugh. I raised myself forward and looked ahead seeing the girls chasing behind us.
"Paisley! I told you I don't like being carried." I said making her laugh.
"Oh lighten up sour puss, oh shit!" Paisley said seeing she instantly turned making me jolt to the left and back to the centre.
"Oh my god! Maybe a warning before you turn! Now my head is spinning" I said hearing the girls giggle again.
"Paisley! My shoes!!" Jewel yelled seeing Katherin and Dani bolt ahead Jewel and Kylah.
"How can you guys be laughing and enjoying yourselves during the end of the world?" I asked making them chuckle.
"We might as well live the rest of lives Having a bit of fun and then mainly survival" Katherin said making me sigh.
"I don't get you guys sometimes" I groaned making them laugh, Paisley scoffed.
"we don't get you" Paisley said hearing them all laugh again. I rolled my eyes and then all the sudden they ran into the lounge on this floor and Paisley tossed me onto the couch. I looked at them. They ran around the couches with Jewel and Kylah still chasing Paisley. Dani and Katherin sat down beside me on the couch and Prasie jumped up on the arm rest.
"Look Eunice, you've been in Victors facility for what? 6 years? He kidnapped you the first day of 7th grade and trained you ever since. You know I really wish you never got kidnapped. Because if you didn't, you would have met us and we would have had so much fun hanging out with each other before this apocalypse started, and then we can continue to have fun a few times during this hell hole. But now that we're here" praise said, Paisley stepped in and sat down on a different couch handing Jewel her shoes.
"We can hang out with you like we all did in high school" she said making me look down.
"I never even went to high school" I said making them laugh.
"Well you're lucky, cause it was hell. The only fun we had there were the moments where we had fun together and Prom" Dani said making them all smile. I crossed my eyebrows.
"What's prom?" I asked making them all gasp in shock.
"Prom is like the best day of our lives!" Kylah stated making me shrug.
"What do I know, I never even went through high school" I said making them chuckle.
"Well its the day where we all celebrate our last year of high school with a big farewell ceremony/party" Paisley said making me hum.
"A party? Why not just leave it at a farewell ceremony?" I asked making them laugh.
"Well where's the fun in that?" Katherin asked making me shrug. Then all the sudden, a thought came into my head.

I started to think of all the times where I actually hung out with my new friends. Not the bad action moments but just the casual hang outs like, this moment right now. I'm talking with the girls and...enjoying myself. I don't know it's just, I feel a little bit happier with everyone in this lounge, in this hotel better yet. The guys and these girls. It's strange. I've never felt this happy since the incident from my old group. All those times when we just had our little talks together. The first time I've seen them all laughing...it just changed me, it made me feel different. The tough side of me was slowly draining every time I heard them laugh. Whenever I seemed to make them laugh, it would almost make me smile those times until...now.

After such a long time, I didn't know I would be able to do this. A smile formed straight across my face.