When it Started

~Eunice~
I was 14 when this virus spread, a deadly disease that lingers in your body, moments after death causes your entire body to still function as if you were still alive, only brain dead and crave nothing else but human flesh...An airborne virus that affects everyone, the moment your heart stops, not too long after, you become an empty minded cannibal that wanders aimlessly throughout this now dreaded, lost cause of a planet. It all started when a mad scientist was inventing a cure for cancer. For years, he strived to create a syrum that would one day cure cancer patients, not just one type, but all of them. After a series of tests, all that failed didn't stop him from trying again, until he one day figured out what could have been the perfect equation, the cure to cancer...Excited and confident, he decided to skip the animal trials and go straight to a cancer patient. Of course, his partners tried to convince him to test it on the mice before hand, but he was so confident in this syrum, he decided to test it on his own daughter. That little girl was 10 years old, lung cancer, once the fluid was injected into her arm, she was fine, but only for 10 seconds. The little girl was turning, turning into something everyone thought didn't exist. It took 10 seconds for the virus to spread to her whole body. And that's when the scientist died from that little girl, he got bitten by her. The virus spread all of Miami in 5 hours, then all of America in 2 days, then all of North America in 4 days, no sooner, the whole world in 1 week. It happened so fast, I don't even remember the exact date it happened. Well, to this day, the virus hasn't been cured. I'm 19 now, it's been almost 4 years and no one has ever cured this virus.

I feel like I'm the only one left on this planet. Everywhere I go, I've never seen any survivors. For almost 4 years of this disaster, it's been tough for me, but I've adapted to my surroundings and I had taught myself to survive in this world. Of course, ever since the virus started, I've always carried a journal, writing down every detail of how to survive a zombie apocalypse, using my own experiences. I've filled the whole book now. I don't have a happy ending for the book but I've ended it with many tips on how to survive this horror land.

My names Eunice Dormitorio, I am a survivor.