Back into the War Zone

~Eunice~
Me and Will were walking in the middle of the group. It was a line of us. About 15 people including us. I looked forward Seeing Kirk looking around with two guards on both his sides. I grunted. Man needs two guards beside him...or should I even call him a man. Moving that fact aside, the Kirk stopped making everyone stop behind him. He told us to rush into a store. It had about three floors. It was a faded red building with ripped posters and signs on the walls. Some of the windows were broken on the top floors. Guards opened the door making us all run inside. Kirk closed and locked the doors. He spoke with the guards for a bit and then turned to us. Lemme guess, their gonna watch the door.
"Alright, scavenge around throughout this building, a few of you guys can search around up on the second and third floor, after 20 minutes, be back down here with what you have, we're gonna move out after that" Kirk said as I looked at will.
"Let's go to the third floor" I whispered making him nod. We turned to the shelves. There were about 10 shelves, and the cashier desk right beside the entrance of the store. A few people started their search around the shelves seeing flashlights waving around the place. It was still bright outside so some light came in through the big windows at the front of the stores. I had spotted the stairs at the back of the store making Will walk forward. I pulled my flashlight out from my backpack and turned it on. As we walked deeper to the back of the store, it got darker. Will had to take his flashlight out and turn it on. I pointed the flashlight around us as we kept walking towards the stairs. A few desks were clattered around us making me point my flashlight down. Papers, everywhere. There seemed to be water too cause every step I took were heavy. At least I think it's water. My shin hit a tipped over chair making me step over it and then faced the stairs. I pointed my flashlight up seeing Will walking up the stairs. I followed behind him.

We reached the second floor. There were a few people here searching around making Will walk into the room everyone was in. We were in some kind of apartment/store building, this was one of the rooms. The furniture was cluttered around the room. I looked like kids lived here, I can tell by the toys laying around the floor. As I took a whiff of the air I gagged and covered my nose.
"Oh my god" I whispered. The stench was awful, like vomit and shit mixed together. I pointed my flashlight around some more until I saw Will wave at me. He was on the stairs to the third floor.
"Come on" he said as I watched where I was stepping and pointed my flashlight up and walked up. The stairs to the third floor wasn't long, we reached the third floor in a minute. The one to the second floor took a while. I looked around the halls seeing no other flashlight but Will's in front of me.
"No one came up here" Will said as he looked at me. I then saw a drop of water come from the ceiling above us. We looked up seeing a crack in the ceiling.
"Keep quiet, there might be a walker in here" he whispered quietly making me nod. He pointed his flashlight to the right side of the hall. I turned my back for a second seeing nothing but tipped chairs. Clear. I turned to follow will. He was looking around scanning the walls while I looked around the ground. There was a lot of stuff laying all over the floor. I stopped seeing a two flashlights and a first aid kit. I took my bag off. I held my small flashlight into my mouth and unzipped my bag. I put the flashlights and kit in my ha and zipped my bag up again. I hung it up on my back and looked forward down the hall, will was gone but something was down the hall. It was a man, grey skin, grey hair but nearly bald, his hands were grips into fists a bit spaced apart from his body, his feet placed shoulder apart. He was panting, his teeth gritted. My flashlight was still in my mouth. I slowly pulled my gun out but he bolted towards me. My eyes widened and pulled the trigger and shot his head. He leaned back a bit but then...it shocked me. He leaned right back up and growled at me. My eyes Widened. What...the fuck?!? I aimed the gun to his heart and pulled the trigger. It shot right through its chest but it kept going. Oh my god. I kept shooting as it kept running towards me and I shot it's head off by shooting its neck. The body stood there for a second until it finally fell. I put my gun down. I stuffed it into my belt and held my flashlight.
"What the fuck was that?" I whispered as I then heard Will's voice.
"Eunice" he said as I jogged over the body and down the hall turning to a room on the right. It was a medicine room. I smiled.
"Fill the bag, we only have a few more minutes" he said as I walked over to a shelve and unzipped my bag after I put the flashlight in my mouth. I picked out, pain killers, bandages, needles. I took everything and stuffed them all in my backpack. I looked at Will seeing him finished. I nodded and zipped my bag closed and hung it up on my bag. I held my flashlight.
"Come on, we got to go" will said making me nod. We jogged out the door. Will lead ahead but then I had a feeling. I turned to the rest of the hallway. Growling and hissing were right down that hall. I gasped. As then the growling grew louder seeing a whole herd running towards us.
"Oh shit" Will said making me start to pant.
"Run!" I yelled as we ran towards the stairs. I jumped down and landed.
"Everybody run!!!!" I yelled as the zombies tumbled down the stairs making everyone scream. I gasped as one jumped on a person making me pull out my gun and shot the zombies head off it. But the victim was shaking on the ground. I gasped. 3-2-1?  I said as the victim stood up and glared at me. I gasped. WHAT?!? 3 god damn seconds. Many of us were getting bitten once and the number of zombies grew bigger.
"Will go now!" I yelled as we bottles for the stairs with a few other people and run down the stairs. I kept firing holding them back, heads tumbling down the stairs.
"KIRK GET EVERYBODY OUT NOW!" I yelled as Kirk groaned.
"It hasn't even been, 15 minutes-" Kirk said as then he turned seeing zombies running down the stairs. He then screamed.
"EVERYBODY OUT!!" I yelled as I kept firing and then stuffed my flashlight in my poker and pulling an reload and pulled the old one out and threw it at a zombie and reloaded my gun and kept shooting.
"Kirk get your guards!" I yelled as Kirk was in the Corner shooting zombies will was making sure everybody left while the guards were no where. Many of us were injected making me start to back up.
"Kirk let's go!" I yelled as he stepped over a zombie ahead and headed out the door passed Will and I kept shooting. Will grabbed my arm and dragged me out with him. He shit the door and I gripped onto my bag and ran forward shooting back behind me. They were hella fast. I just kept running forward as the gates were wide open and closing.
"Run! Come on! Will Eunice!" The girls yelled as I pushed harder and harder. I was swinging my arms far out in front and back of me. The gate was close to its closing until Will jumped forward and made it in making keep running. I was far from him. I came closer and closer and the gate was slowly closing. I then jumped in and handed on my elbow. I screamed in pain with tears. I rolled onto my back and held my elbow. It was handing in the opposite way. My breath was slowing down and my energy was draining. My eyes were slowly closing until it finally shut.