The First Night

~Eunice~
All the students had jogged back into their rooms leaving me in a room with my roommates, except for Jayden.
"Alright, goodnight you guys" Dani said making everyone lay back in their beds. Dani turned the light off and laid down. The only light in the room now was the moon coming in through the window between Muslim and Will's bed. It had lit up a square in the middle of the floor. I was just sitting on the edge of my bed with my legs touching the ground. I leaned forward and planted both my elbows on my knees and wiped my face with both my hands. A sigh had escaped my lips as soon as began to think about how suspicious this place was. Then I heard a small beep noise in the corner of the room making me turn around spotting a camera with a red blinking dot on the lens. I crossed my eyebrows. Those cameras look familiar. But then a memory...came.

"The cameras turn off when everyone was asleep"

I remember myself say but I don't know when or where. I went with it and laid down in my bed and turned to the window and shut my eyes. I breathed in and out like I was sleeping until I heard the camera shut down. I immediately opened my eyes and looked at the camera. It was pointed down and the red dot was no longer blinking. I pulled myself up to sit up on my bed, with my eyes still staring at the camera, then I heard a pst. I turned to the sound seeing it was Will with one eye open. I crossed my eyebrows. He sat up and stood up. He gestured me to go to the door, as he walked over to the door. I stood up and quietly followed him. He went down on one knee facing the door. He then looked down and picked something out of his pocket. He had picked out a pocket knife. He flicked the knife part out and stuck it into the key whole. He turned the knife hearing a tiny click. He glanced back at me and opened the door quietly. He gestured me to walk out making me walk out with him following behind me. He closed the door quietly and then lead ahead and turned down one hallway. I took note of my surroundings until I looked at Will in front of me.
"Why are you-" I whispered until he pushed me behind a small Column and put on finger on his lips telling me to be quiet. I shut my mouth and crossed my eyebrows. I peeked over the Column seeing Kirk and Kylah walking around with a flashlight. I crossed my eyebrows. Then I felt Will put his hand on my shoulder.
"This way..." He whispered in my ear making him walk towards a vent. He opened it and gestured me to crawl in. I crawled in and made room for Will to crawl in. He closed the vent.
"Crawl forward" he whispered making me turn to the rest of the vent. It was dark as hell. I was on my knees and my arms were on the ground. I started to crawl until the end of the vent. I looked up seeing the vent going up.
"I'll give you a boost" Will whispered as he put both his palms on top of each other making me step on them and push down to jump up and grip onto the edge. I grunted and pulled myself up and over. I looked down the vent.
"Here" I whispered as I put my hand out making him take it and I helped him up. The vent was now a bit bigger making us both sit up straight.
"Where are you taking me?" I asked making him point forward. I turned down the vent seeing a light through vent lines. I crossed my eyebrows and crawled towards it and looked down through the vent. I saw Kirk and Kylah walk into...the White Room. I spotted Jayden in a white cross jacket making him squirm. He managed to stand and run towards Kirk making Kirk slap him with the back of his hand. Jayden immediately fell back. A small gasp came from my lips.
"The needle" Kirk said making Kylah put white gloves on and was holding a syringe with a blue liquid inside. I crossed my eyebrows. She flicked the syringe. Kirk walked over to Jayden and held him still. Jayden looked up at Kylah making him shake his head.
"No! No! Not agai-" he yelled as Kirk covered his mouth. He then unbuckled Jayden's Left arm and let Kylah take it. She pushed his sleeve up and Kylah pointed the syringe down on his wrist. She didn't put it in his skin yet.
"Kirk...we've given him too much of this" she said making Kirk grunt.
"Jayden's blood makes it wear off faster than the rest, we have to give him more or else he won't cooperate" Kirk said making Kylah sigh and look down at his wrist. I managed to hear Kylah's quietest whisper.
"I'm sorry Jayden" she whispered as she pushed the needle down into his wrist and pushed the button at the end letting to liquid enter his arm. I could seeing the blue liquid rush through his veins. I gasped quietly. Jayden muffled a scream but right away, he fell silent. He was now calm. Kirk let go. He then chuckled.
"We'll let him go tomorrow" he said making Kylah take her gloves off. Kylah and Kirk both left the room leaving Jayden sitting there, staring forward. I turned to Will.
"What is that?" I whispered making him shake his head.
"I don't know, but Kirk has been injecting us with that same liquid to calm us down and keep our mouths shut." He whispered making me stare at him oddly.
"Why? What do you guys know that they don't want you to tell?" I asked making him shake his head.
"Thats the thing. We forget once that liquid is pumping through our blood. Jayden's blood is different from mine and Muslim's and a few others. Jayden's wears off after 5 days, mine and Muslim's wear off after 2 weeks." He whispered making me cross my eyebrows.
"How do you know this?" I asked making him sigh.
"Jayden told me before lunch today, after we left you girls in the room. He managed to tell us but I was the only one that remembered...which was weird. But he was about to tell me
Something else until A guard ended up walking with us. Jayden pretended he was still affected until he nearly Killed Kirk at lunch" he said making me look down at the vent. Jayden still staring out at the door. I turned to will.
"Keep pretending your affected, until the drugs wear off. we need to know what You guys found out that they don't want you to tell, anyone else"