Training

~Eunice~
I Woke up a new day and the sun wasn't even up yet. I was up earlier than everyone else. I sat at the edge of my bed and waited until everyone woke up. I noticed Will look at me making me nod a little, he nodded and just looked down. It fell silent until Everyone jumped as soon as the door slammed open. It was Kirk holding Jayden's arm. He pushed him in and let him go making me catch him before he could fall to the ground. I glared at Kirk making him roll his eyes and walk out, slamming the door shut. I helped Jayden Stand.
"Jayden? You alright?" I asked but he didn't say a word. He was just staring blankly at the wall behind me. I heard the girls gather around me.
"Oh my god. His cheek" Dani pointed out seeing a red hand print on his cheek. That was from last night when Kirk slapped him.
"How long till breakfast?" I asked turning to the girls.
"3 hours" Katherin answered making me nod.
"Ok, let's sit Jayden down on his bed" I said as I walked Jayden to his bed and Sat him down.
"Scavenging starts tomorrow, but training starts today" Dani said making me look at her and nod. All the girls stood up and walked out of the room. I stood up about to follow them until Will took my arm.
"Keep an eye on Jayden" he whispered making me nod. I looked at Jayden and helped him up.

Everyone in my room was now downstairs in the lunch room having breakfast. We were having canned soup. Then in a speaker a voice said.
"To those who are training for Scavengers please make you're way to the gym." The announcer said making me stand.
"Do you want me to walk with you?" Dani asked making me speak about to answer until Will talked.
"I'll go with her" he said making everyone sitting on the table go silent. I looked at him and stood up. He did too.
"Ok let's go" I said making him walk beside me.

~Dani~
"That was a first" Katherin said mentioning Will.
"Yea never heard him talk in a while. I wonder how that happened?" Praise said making me shrug.

~Eunice~
Will walked me up the stairs and now we were walking down the hall.
"Do you remember anything?" I asked making him shrug.
"Nothing, but something seemed odd with Jayden" he whispered making me look at him.
"How so?" I asked making him just shake his head.
"After he got injected, he always falls to the ground groaning in pain. But now that I've seen last night. He just blanked out. Staring into space" he whispered making me cross my eyebrows. We fell silent walking in the halls until I had an idea of what's wrong.
"Maybe, the syrum doesn't work on him anymore" I whispered making him look at me.
"What?" He asked making me shrug.
"Every syrum you use on someone, some of the syrum stays in your body but with Jayden's blood, they take it away fast. So, after injecting him so many times, his blood has probably grown used to it by getting rid of the syrum that he has maybe, got immune to the syrum" I whispered making him snap his fingers.
"That-" he said as then we bumped into some people. We looked up seeing it was a few guards and Kirk in between. We stepped back.
"Will...first time you're finally off your ass and doing something useful" Kirk mocked making me cross my eyebrows. Will growled. He then grabbed Kirks collar and pushed him up against the wall. The guards were about to pull him away until I kept them back.
"Watch your mouth Kirk...don't say that to me when your doing nothing but being a damn "teachers pet" to Victor" Will snapped making Kirk push him off. Kirk fixed his collar and with a wave of his hand the guards grabbed Will.
"Take him to the White room" Kirk demanded making them start to drag Will, he struggled. I glared at Kirk. I pulled out a knife and threw it at the side of his ear getting stuck to the wall and Kirk shocked. The guards stopped.
"Let...him...go..." I snapped making Kirk glare at me and pull the knife out from the wall beside him. He tossed it up and caught it.
"Why?" He asked making me keep my glare at him.
"He has done nothing but tell the truth...and if you can't accept that...I feel sorry for you" I said making him look at me. He then snapped his fingers making me turn to Will seeing the guards let him go. Will glared at the guards and he continued to walk me into the Gym.

Entering the gym, I could already heard the clinging sound of blades being hit together seeing many students training. It was a pretty big gym...a bit bigger than I last remembered it. I could see different sections throughout every part of the gym. Archery, gun stations, track, obstacle courses. It looked like a military training field but inside. Something caught everyones attention to the front seeing it was Victor.
"Students! Now, you've all signed up to a certain job and a certain job requires training. Scavengers please go to the Scavengers training area in the left corner of the gym-" Victor said as Will gestured me to follow him to the scavenger trading area. Not a lot of people were there but, some showed up. It was good that about 10 were here but the bad part about it was...Kirk. He was the one leading us through this training.
"Alright, I know you guys are probably thinking why do you need to train for Scavenging. Well you need to know how to be prepared when a zombie launches out at you before you even pick up a single thing. And you also need to know how to be patient and quiet so you could sneak throughout the streets without catching a zombies attention." Kirk said making me look at Will.
"We will start off with some drills, how fast can you run until you out run the zombies?" Kirk asked as everyone followed Kirk to the obstacle course. I looked around and had Spotted Jayden wandering around curious. I gasped as then a guard ended up pushing me forward behind the group. I glared at them and walked forward. Jayden walked into a room, a classified room. What is he doing?