Chapter 83

Lauren wandered the lonely streets at around midnight, roughly, she didn't know what time it was. It was very dark out, obviously, and it seemed as though the world was completely silent. Suddenly, Lauren heard her name being called, sweetly and softly. "Lauren." Lauren squinted to look at the figure in the distance. "Lauren, come here. Come to me." Lauren walked forward and saw her best friend with a smile on her face. "Normani!" Normani smiled widely and hugged Lauren tightly. "You look, you look healthy again!" Normani nodded. "What are you-where are we?" "Well, I'm dead." "Don't remind me." "And you're on the brink." "What?" Lauren looked up confusedly. "You're in a coma, Lauren. You hit your head at work a couple months ago. You haven't woke up since." "Oh.." "You have to go back." "What? No! I want to stay here with you!" Lauren pleaded, grabbing her best friend and pulling her into a desperate hug. Normani sighed and pulled back, holding her shoulders, at arms length. "It's not your time baby. Not yet." "Please. Please let me stay." Normani sighed. "It's your choice Lauren. But your family, they miss you so much. Camila cries everyday, and your mother, she does too. Your father is practically emotionless. Taylor and Chris miss you too." "Taylor misses me?" Normani nodded. "Yes, she realised she was wrong to turn her back on you for your sexuality. She just wants her big sister back. She wants to tell you that she's sorry." "Can't you come too?" Normani smiled sadly with tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry." "But I miss you." Lauren whimpered. "I miss you too Lo, so much." "Will I see you again?" Lauren asked weakly. "I guess so, when you're dead." Lauren's eyes watered and she closed her eyes. "Lauren, Lauren what are doing?"

"What's going on?" Clara asked frantically as she heard a long tone. "Doctor? Doctor! Don't just stand there Mike! Get someone!" Lauren was unconscious and unresponsive, finally, after attempts at saving her life, they had to declare her dead. "Time of death-" "No!" "14:26" Clara shrieked and sobbed in turmoil, she'd lost her daughter.

"Lauren.." "You love me don't you?" Lauren asked simply. "Of course. I said forever." "It was hard without you Mani, I couldn't do it on my own." Lauren took Normani's hands and squeezed them before continuing. "I needed you, I needed you so badly. Now I'm free, now we're both free." Normani took a deep breath and smiled, pulling her into a tight hug. "I love you Mani." "I love you too Laur...You know you can't go back, this is forever. You're gone." "I know, and I don't care, not if my forever is here with you." Lauren said surely. Normani pulled the girl in for a kiss. "I'm sorry I didn't come to your funeral." Lauren said when they parted. "I get it. Besides, only Mila and your families turned up." "That's nuts." Normani shrugged. "What's it like here, in the land of the dead, etcetera?" Lauren nudged Normani's shoulder. "Well you'll find out won't you. This is your home now too." "You sure you don't regret this?" Normani asked worriedly, but looking into Lauren's eyes she saw nothing but love and sincerity. "No, I don't." "I'm glad I have you back Lauren." Lauren grinned and pulled her into a kiss before whispering against her lips. "I'm glad I have you too."

The end.