Chaper 66

"Sorry Miss, Cabello?" "Cabeyo." Camila corrected the nurse, trying to be as polite as she could be. "Normani doesn't want any visitors today." Camila frowned in confusion. "What? I told her yesterday that I'd be back to see her today." "Well she's told several nurses she doesn't want to see anyone. So I'm afraid you'll have to go." Camila frowned. "Are you sure?" "Positive." Camila sighed and chewed on her bottom lip hesitantly. "Okay, thanks." She got out her phone as she left the hospital and texted Lauren.

Mani's said that she doesn't want any visitors today. I can't get in :(

Lauren frowned at the message and locked her phone. She had no idea what to do. She missed Normani immensely, but what was she meant to do? "Hey Lauren." Her mother poked her head around the bedroom door. "Hey." "Are you coming down for lunch with us?" Lauren shook her head. "I'm good. I'll get lunch with Camila." She smiled sadly. "Make sure you do. Don't go down the same path as Normani." Lauren had to refrain from rolling her eyes. As if. Lauren called Camila and told her to meet her at Taco Bell, to which she happily agreed, because that girl was always hungry. Always. "Hey Lolo." Camila smiled when she saw her outside and hugged her, noticing Lauren holding on for longer than usual. Camila dropped her bag at their feet and wrapped both arms around her tightly, resting her head against her best friend's. "You okay?" She asked gently. Lauren sniffled and shook her head. "Let's grab some food to go and we'll talk, yeah?" Camila suggested. Lauren nodded and took Camila's hand when she offered it to her sweetly. "So what's up?" Camila asked, taking a bite of her food as they walked. "What are we gonna do about Mani?" Camila swallowed her food and sighed. "There's nothing we can do except be there for her when she'll let us." "She won't let me be there. I miss her Camz, I really miss her." Camila's eyes softened when she saw Lauren tearing up. "I know you do Lo. But honestly, she doesn't look good right now, and I think it'd only hurt you more seeing her the way she is now." "Camz I've probably seen her worse. I've seen her on the verge of death. I'd do anything just to see her face." Lauren began crying. Camila threw her wrapper in the bin and pulled her best friend into a hug and held her while she cried. "The doctors are helping her Lolo, Mani's gonna get better, and she's gonna realise she's in the best place and we did the right thing. You did the right thing." Lauren buried her head in Camila's neck and squeezed her tighter, so Camila did the same, kissing her neck gently and affectionately. She ran her fingers through Lauren's black hair to soothe her. "Let's go back to mine, hm? I have the house to myself. If you're gonna cry it's best to do it in private." It felt like all Lauren did was cry, since Normani went inpatient for her eating disorders. Lauren was scared for her. She missed her. She wanted to be there for her. But her girlfriend wouldn't let her. Normani was mad at her, but she shouldn't have been, right? She was the one who wanted to be taken to hospital, to get herself help, finally. She went home after about an hour at Camila's. To her surprise, no one spoke to her. She decided to just grab some dinner (aka a quick microwaved ready meal) and eat it in her room. She wasn't going to stay where she wasn't wanted, not that she was good company anyway. Lauren would have preferred to be alone in her bedroom, and probably would have excused herself after just five minutes with her family. As Lauren ate her pasta, she couldn't help but think of Normani. She decided tomorrow she would go and see her, she would get in there somehow. She had to see her and fix things, whatever there was to be fixed. Honestly, she was clueless. But she needed Normani to forgive her and let her in, literally. When Lauren woke up she headed straight to the hospital, but when she came to the entrance doors, all the confidence left her body. Before she knew it though, she was at the reception desk with a kind looking lady asking, "Can I help you lovely?" Lauren cleared her throat and nodded. "Um, yeah, sorry, I'm looking for my girlfriend, Normani Kordei? She got admitted to the eating disorder ward." "Oh, well as a matter of fact she's right over there." Lauren looked over to where the woman was pointing. "She came down for some time alone. But I'm sure she'll be happy to see you." Lauren brushed herself down nervously and gave a warm smile. "Thank you." Lauren walked over and tapped her shoulder. Normani turned around and looked up into her green eyes. "Hi Mani." Lauren said softly. Normani sighed and averted her eyes. "What are you doing here?" "Visiting my girlfriend, what does it look like?" Normani frowned. "We're still, you mean you haven't," "Broken up with you? No!" Normani licked her dry lips, not replying. "Mind if I sit?" Lauren gestured to the empty chair. "Hm." Lauren took that as a yes and sat in the chair across from Normani. "Are we okay? Like, are you still upset with me?" Normani stared at the table and shrugged. "I'm letting you stay aren't I?" "But are you still mad?" Lauren pressed. She didn't expect Normani to nod. "Yes, I'm still mad." "Oh." Lauren whispered, barely. It was more like she had mouthed it. "Why are you here, Lauren?" Normani sighed, playing with the hem of her baggy sweater. "To fix things, I miss you Mani." Normani scoffed. "As far as I'm concerned you made my life worse." "I want you to get better." Lauren said, on the verge of tears. "Yeah? Well I want you to get out." Normani said bitterly. Lauren swallowed thickly. "Are you deaf or something? Get out!" Lauren reluctantly stood up from her chair. This isn't how she pictured the visit to go.