Chapter 81

Lauren had just come in from work and threw herself onto the couch. "Oh hey Lauren." Ally smiled. Lauren responded with a muffled "Hi." "How was work today?" A long groan emitted from the green eyed girl. "The same?" "It's nice but I feel like it gets longer every day. It's been like a month, and I do love it, but it's long and lonely." "I tidied up your room this morning." Lauren shot up. "Did you move anything?" "Well, yeah but I-" "If that photo album is gone I'll kill you Allyson Brooke Hernandez." Lauren shouted over her shoulder, rummaging around her room frantically before someone emerged from the bathroom. "Looking for this?" Lauren whipped around to see her best friend holding her photo album. "Camila!" Lauren screamed and ran over to her. Camila giggled and hugged Lauren tightly. "Hi Lolo." "How'd you find me here?" "I bumped into Ally trying to find you actually." "She squeaked?" "She squeaked." "Why're you in Cali?" "Did you not just hear me?" Lauren furrowed her eyebrows. "You, you mean you came to California just to see me?" "Of course I did stupid, I missed you." Lauren felt tears spring to her eyes and Camila pulled her into her chest. "I uh, I also need to talk to you." That's never a good thing. "If it's about my family asking where I am.." "I've told them you're safe, nothing else." Lauren smiled shyly and nodded. "Thanks. What did you do about school?" "Online home schooling. My parents were mad for a little while but they got over it. They had to at some point." "Good." "But anyway, it's not about that." "So what is it?" "It's about, it's about Mani." Lauren stiffened up. She didn't like talking about her. Not since she died. She hated it. "What about her?" "We had the funeral in Miami." "But I didn't get to be there!" "Lauren I know, but to be fair I could hardly invite you when you're a missing person and you want to stay missing." "Are people still out looking for me?" "No, not since I said that you're safe. I think they've sussed I know where you are, but won't say." "And they're okay with it?" Lauren asked, sitting down on the bed with Camila following suit. "Well no, but they can't really say shit about it, you're 18 in a week." Lauren smiled sadly. "Yeah.." "What's on your mind Lolo?" "I couldn't even say goodbye to her properly.." Lauren sighed, feeling Camila wipe her cheeks of tears. "Say goodbye now." "What?" "She's listening Lauren. She's always with you. Say what you need to." "Can you..will you stay here with me?" Camila kissed Lauren's temple and leant her cheek against it, wrapping an arm around her back. "Of course." Lauren opened and closed her mouth, sighing frustratedly and running her hands through her hair. "Whenever you're ready Lolo, I'll be here as long as you need." Lauren closed her eyes and opened her mouth to begin. "I'm sorry Mani..."