Chapter 72

Lauren and Camila got home safe, and they were both sat in Lauren's room on the edge of the bed, in pure shock. It was a given that Camila would be staying the night. Lauren couldn't leave her anytime soon, nor could Camila leave Lauren. Camila suddenly pulled Lauren so they were both sat back against her headboard and laid her head in Lauren's lap for comfort. Lauren let her, gently stroking the Cuban's hair as they stared at the wall. "This all feels so unreal." Camila whispered. Lauren smoothed her tongue over her dry lips and sighed. "I know. I can't believe it either." "It must have been awful for you, finding her like that and-" "Stop. I don't want to talk about it." Lauren said, interrupting her. "Sorry." Camila mumbled. "Let's get some sleep." Lauren said softly. Maybe I'll wake up and this will all be a nightmare. It wasn't a nightmare. Lauren woke up with Camila sleeping next to her and no trace of Normani. "Camz." Lauren whispered. Camila opened her eyes sluggishly. "Hm?" "I'm going for a walk. Wanna come with?" Camila yawned and nodded. "Just gimme a sec to change." When they were on their walk, they passed their school and Camila stopped when she noticed. "Lauren," Lauren stopped too and turned around. "Yeah Camz?" "We go back to school tomorrow." Lauren's eyes widened. "Oh crap, we do." "Reckon we can skip?" Camila said, contemplating the idea. "No, it's the first day. We can't." Lauren sighed. "We have to go." Camila groaned and rubbed her head. She was getting a migraine. Lauren walked forward and took her shoulders. "It'll be okay Camz, we can deal with it." "Maybe you can." Camila said, closing her eyes as the pain started to set in. "If anything it'll be a distraction for us, and they sometimes make the first day back shorter than usual days." Camila sighed and nodded. "C'mon, let's go get some food." Lauren nodded in agreement with the Cuban and followed her to Starbucks. Lauren and Camila had breakfast in silence until a familiar face walked in. "Oh, hey guys." Lauren looked up at the Polynesian and gave a sad smile. "Dinah, hey." "Hey Lo, hi Mila." "Hi." Camila smiled slightly. "How are you guys? I haven't seen you lately." Camila shrugged. "Not bad." Lauren said before meeting Dinah's brown eyes. "Yourself?" "I'm good. How's Normani?" Lauren and Camila froze, Camila teared up and Lauren cleared her throat to try and stop the lump forming. "She's uh, not, with us, anymore actually." "She's dead?" Dinah exclaimed in surprise. "Yeah, she uhm, she died yesterday." Camila sniffled and wiped her eyes with her thumb. "I'm so sorry." "Yeah, us too." Lauren scoffed quietly. "Can I get you guys anything?" "What? Pity drinks? No thanks." Camila spat. "Camila.." Lauren trailed gently. "Well uhm, I guess..guess I'll see you around." "Yeah, bye Dinah." Lauren said, focusing on her trembling best friend. "I think we should go now." "Me too." Camila replied instantly and stood up. "Let's go back to mine." Camila said. "They don't know, do they?" Lauren said awkwardly when they went inside and saw happy faces in the kitchen, waving them over. Camila sighed and shook her head. "Nope." "Do we tell them?" "We kinda have to." Camila said regretfully. "They should know the reason we're both downer than the grim reaper." "Hello girls." "Hey Papi." "Hi Alejandro." "Hi Lauren." "Hello Sinu." Lauren flashed a small smile. "Why do you two look so solemn?" Alejandro asked confusedly. Camila bent down to Sofi's level and cleared her throat to sound more like her usual self. "Sof, can you go upstairs for a little while? We need to talk to Mami and Papi." "Can you play with me after?" Camila smiled slightly. "Maybe later. Go on, see you in a bit." Sofi ran upstairs and left the two parents and Lauren alone in the kitchen. "What do you need to talk about loves?" Sinu asked curiously. Lauren took a deep breath and looked at Camila. "Mami..Normani, Normani is dead." "She died yesterday morning from a heart attack." Lauren said shakily. "That's awful! I'm so sorry mijas. Was she in pain?" "I don't know, I hope not." "Who's planning the funeral?" Alejandro asked. "Shoot. We haven't thought about that." Camila realised. "We'll make a start on planning it tomorrow." Lauren said, trying to hold back her tears. Camila looked over and noticed. "We'll be up in my room if you need us, excuse us." Camila said and took Lauren's hand, leading her upstairs at a fast pace. As soon as the door shut behind them, Lauren sat on the bed and just started bawling. Camila frowned with worry and sat next to her, pulling Lauren into her arms and shushing her. Sinu and Alejandro could hear the green eyed girl's cries from the kitchen, but let them have their privacy. "Maybe Lauren should stay here for a few days." Alejandro suggested. "Yes I agree. If Normani died in that house, it mustn't be easy being there." Sinu said as another loud cry/scream sounded. Camila felt tears building in her own eyes as Lauren cried and screamed in emotional agony in her arms. "It hurts! It hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts so bad!" Lauren cried into Camila's chest. "I know Lolo." "I want her back Camz." She sobbed. Camila sucked in a breath and fisted Lauren's sweatshirt, pulling her into her lap and closer, laying her head on Lauren's. "Me too baby."