Chapter 42

At first when the brown eyed girl woke up, she thought it was a dream. Then she realised her surroundings and her tear stained cheeks and realised it wasn't. It was all real. She couldn't help the cries that escaped her lips and soon she felt arms around her, and she knew from the familiar smell of bananas it was Camila. Lauren was deeply sleeping, curled into a ball next to Normani with only a small amount of distance between them. "Shh, I'm here, you're okay." Camila soothed sweetly as Normani cried quietly into her chest. "Mila I'm scared." Normani's voice shook wildly. "Why are you scared?" Normani couldn't seem to articulate her thoughts so she just went with shaking her head. Lauren turned over in her slumber, her eyes squinted a little and a frown on her face. It must be a part of her dream. "Am I crazy?" Normani whispered. "No, not at all. You're just going through some stuff." "I killed him." "You did not, kill him. Okay? What happened wasn't your fault." Camila said determinedly. "Can I get you something to eat? You've not eaten much today." Normani immediately laid back down and cuddled up to Lauren. "No I'm going to sleep." "Mani.." "Leave me alone." Camila sighed, left the two girls to sleep and decided to just get up for the day and take a walk. Lauren woke up maybe an hour later and felt someone behind her. "Babe?" "Shh." Lauren turned over and saw the sleepy girl looking back at her. "Hi, how did you sleep?" Lauren asked. Normani shrugged and reached out to play with Lauren's fingers. Lauren took her hand and intertwined their fingers delicately. "Not good?" Normani shook her head. "I really need to study today, can you help me? I've been slacking so bad." Normani begged. "It's summer." "Lauren I need the distraction and I really am behind. If I don't get my shit together nothing good could come of it." "Okay, I'll help." "Where's Mila?" Normani frowned, realising she wasn't there. "I don't know. I'll text her."

Lauren: where are you?
Camz: i went for a walk.
Lauren: mani and i are gonna go back to my house and study cause she's been behind lately so are you coming back?
Camz: i'm not far, i'll be home in a few
Lauren: okay

"Camila just went for a walk, she's on her way back." Lauren explained while Normani got up and out of bed. "You okay?" "I need to go to the bathroom." Normani mumbled. "Don't be too long." Normani didn't reply, only locked the door. When Lauren heard running water she jumped up and picked the lock. "Nope, c'mon, get up." Normani struggled in Lauren's grip but Lauren picked the girl up and brought her back into Camila's room, sitting her on the bed. "I know you're looking for a release, but that's not the way." Lauren said gently as she crouched in front of her. Normani brought her legs to her chest and hid her face in her knees. "Why don't you draw something? You still draw right?" Lauren asked, looking around for some paper and pens, both of which were on Camila's desk. "Here you go." Lauren smiled, handing the girl the materials. "Lauren I don't want to." "Just try it, for me? It might help. You don't have to, it's just an idea." Normani looked at Lauren's loving and worried eyes and took the pens and paper. "Fine, I'll try it." Lauren smiled and sat next to her, going on her phone so Normani could have some privacy. Camila came in the room about five minutes later and shut the door behind her. "Hey guys." "Hi." Lauren met her eyes before she went back to her phone. "Hi Mani." "She's drawing as a distraction, just leave her to it." Lauren explained. "Oh sure, do you wanna study here?" "We don't have our text books." Lauren huffed. "You can grab them and come back." "I'll get them." Lauren said, getting up and going over to Camila, lowering her voice to a whisper. "I don't think Mani's going to want to go home after yesterday." Camila nodded understandingly. "Keep an eye on her alright? She tried to make herself throw up earlier." Camila nodded and sat on the bed. "Normani?" Normani looked up at Lauren in question. "I'm gonna go grab our textbooks so we can study here. Can I have your house keys?" Normani nodded, handing them to her. "I'll see you both in a bit." Lauren said, leaning down, cupping Normani's cheeks and kissing her forehead. Normani instantly smiled and leaned up to kiss her lips. "See you soon." She whispered against her lips. Lauren went to her girlfriend's house first, nobody was home and she looked around to check. She even came to a room and saw blood splatters up the walls. This must be where it happened. Lauren went up to Normani's room and collected her notebook and went to her house next to get her own. As she expected, nobody talked to her. She knew it was going to happen, but it didn't make it hurt any less. She hurried back to Camila's, put the textbooks on the floor and jumped on the bed, more specifically, on top of the Cuban. "Lauren get off." She laughed. "Where's Mani?" "Here." Normani groaned, underneath Camila. "Oops." Lauren bit her lip and helped her up. "Sorry." "Whatever." "Did you draw anything?" Lauren asked hopefully. Normani nodded. "Did it help?" Another nod. "Can I see?" Normani pointed to the paper and Lauren gasped.

 "Can I see?" Normani pointed to the paper and Lauren gasped

"Mani.." Lauren lost her breath. "It's amazing." "Just like you." Normani smiled, wrapping her arms around her stomach from behind. "I tried to make it as realistic as possible." "Can I see it too?" Camila asked curiously, so Lauren gave her the drawing. "Wow Normani, you have a real gift, this is beautiful!" Normani blushed and hid her face in Lauren's hair. "Thanks." "I got our textbooks, wanna start studying now?" Lauren asked Normani, turning around to face her. "Yeah sure. I'm really slacking on math more than anything else." Normani said, looking straight into Lauren's eyes. "Mani," Lauren mumbled with a blush on her cheeks. "stop staring like that." "Sorry, your eyes are just insanely pretty." "Okay lovebirds, let's get to studying." Camila guided the two girls to the bed. "She's right." Lauren chuckled so Normani searched through her bag for her math book. "I can't find it." Normani huffed. "Really? I know I definitely packed it." Lauren furrowed her eyebrows. "It's fine you can just use mine." Normani took the book Camila handed her. "You sure?" "Yeah I'm studying Bio now, as much as I hate it I gotta know this shit." Camila shrugged. "Right, let's get started." Lauren patted the space beside her.