Chapter 75

Camz: where are you?

Camz: lauren???

Camz: lolo your parents said you're gone

Camz: why is all your stuff missing??

Camz: Lauren! Where are you??????

Camz: answer me!

Camz: you're scaring me lolo please

Camz: answer your phone!

Camz: don't do this to me lo

Camz: why couldn't you at least take me with you?

Camz: lauren

Camz: lo

Camz: lern

Camz: i stg if you don't answer your phone when i call you next.....

Those were only some of the texts Lauren had received from her best friend. She had blocked her mother and father's numbers. She couldn't deal with them. She was honestly afraid to. She parked her car in an airport and took a deep breath, calling Camila back. It didn't even finish one ring before the Cuban answered. "LAUREN!" "Hey Camz." "Where the fuck are you?? What's going on??" "Are you around my parents?" "No, I'm out on the fucking streets looking for you!" "Camila I'm sorry, I-I just, I just can't be there anymore." "So where are you going?" "I don't know." Lauren sighed. "Can I come?" Lauren raised her eyebrows. "Camz, I don't think you understand..I'm not, I'm not coming back. I'm leaving for good." "Lauren I just lost one best friend, I can't lose another one too." Lauren chewed on her bottom lip thoughtfully. "If you come with me..there's no going back." "I know." "No parents, no Sofi. You can't come with me and then regret it Mila. You need to think this through, but there's not much time before the police come looking for me." "I'm coming with you." "Are you sure?" "Yes, 100% sure." "No going back Camz." "I'm positive Lauren. I'm gonna pack real quick. No one is home, so where do I meet you?" Lauren sighed and took a deep breath. "Airport. Hurry up okay? We don't have much time." Lauren could hear Camila running, home presumably. "I can't drive Lauren, how do I get up there?" Lauren started to panic. "Get a taxi." "Money." "Steal some." "I'm not sure Laur.." "Camila you need to be certain, it's all or nothing. Either you take the money for a taxi or you stay here and I go by myself." "Lauren-" "It's your call Camila." Camila flung open the door and grabbed some money from the emergency draw. "I'll be there in 20. Wait for me. Promise you'll wait for me!" "I'll wait for you mama, just hurry." This is so risky. Camila hurriedly threw her things into a suitcase and called an Uber to come for her. "Airport. As fast as you can." She instructed as she shoved her suitcase in the back seat and got in. "Going anywhere nice?" Camila hurriedly plugged in her seatbelt. "Damn I hope so. Just go, go!" The man drove to the airport and helped Camila get her suitcase out the car. "Thank you." She said hurriedly. She saw police around and started to panic. Fuck. Lauren. "Psst!" Camila turned around and saw familiar green eyes. "Lau-" "Shh, we need to go. We're catching the next flight, it leaves in literally two minutes. I got the tickets while you were on your way here, we have to go and we have to go now." Camila nodded hurriedly and followed Lauren through the crowd of people. Before either of the girls knew it they were on the plane and it took off, they were able to breathe again. "Where are we going?" Camila asked as she looked out the window, Lauren pushed her head down and scolded her. "We're still too close to the ground Camz, keep your head down." "Sorry." Camila whispered frightfully. Once they were higher in the sky and they could no longer see the airport Lauren allowed Camila to sit up again. "Sorry. I just need to make sure we aren't seen." Camila nodded understandingly. "Still Lo, you act like we're criminals." "We're not criminals Camila but we are runaways, and we don't want to get caught." Camila sighed. "You don't regret this do you?" Lauren asked worriedly. "No! No Laur I don't regret it, it's not that it's just, it's a little overwhelming. We don't even know where we're going, we have no plan." Lauren felt the Cuban rest her head on her shoulder for comfort and took her hand and squeezed it. "Just think of it as an adventure." Lauren looked out the window at the sky and imagined Normani in heaven, watching over them. "Mani will keep us safe." She whispered. "I know it."

For Shavonne :)