Chapter 61

Lauren was officially worried. It was getting very late now and Normani still hadn't come back. Green eyes glanced at the clock and saw the time to be 11:47pm. Lauren sighed and tried to call the girl for the millionth time. "Hi, it's me again. It's really dark Mani, it's too late to walk. I'll come pick you up if you want. Just please come back here." Lauren left a voicemail for her, again. Lauren couldn't even count how many voicemails she had left anymore. There were too many. Normani sat on the edge of the bathtub twirling a blade between her fingers. The thin silver metal was so tempting in this moment. She knew how Lauren felt now. It was like a state of longing to feel. She felt numb, at least this brought pain. But she didn't just want pain, she had enough pain to last her a lifetime. She wanted death. Normani wanted an endless darkness. She wanted to relieve herself of what had gone wrong and what had fucked her up. Her phone rang but she ignored it. She knew it was Lauren and she didn't want to pick up the phone. If she did, she would feel guilty, and she would go back to Lauren's house and forget all about what she was going to do. Well it wasn't happening. She'd had enough. She was done. Lauren would be better off without her anyway. She deserved better than her. Way better. Lauren deserved the world and more, and as much as Normani wanted to, she couldn't give it to her. Normani's hands shook violently as she slowly brought the blade to her skin. She was scared, she wanted this, she knew she did, but she was scared. What would it be like to slip away into the darkness? To feel all the dark blood slowly draining from her body. No one would miss her. Lauren and Camila would initially, but they would get over it and realise that really it was no great loss. She closed her eyes and slid it across in a straight line. The cut was deep and instant, painless at first touch, but a sharp sting just a millisecond later. The blood poured out so fast it shocked Normani, but she still went for he other wrist and repeated the action. She watched the blood pour out of the second wrist and she waited. She got in the warm bath she had run for herself and she waited for the darkness to swallow her up. She closed her eyes and sighed contently. Finally, she would be free. Lauren got tired of waiting and hoping, she was going back to Normani's house, but only with the condition that her mother came with her since it was so late. "Turn in here Mom." Lauren said and unbuckled her seatbelt. When she entered the house there was an unsettling feeling as soon as she opened the door. "What is it Lauren?" Her mother questioned worriedly when she saw the look on her daughter's face. "Something's wrong." She said warily. "Mani?" She called out. She tried the same room she was in the last time, Clara looked in Normani's bedroom. As Lauren passed the bathroom she felt an inexplicable awareness. She tried the door and it was unlocked. "Babe are you in-OH MY GOD!" Lauren let out a blood curdling scream and ran over to the girl in her own blood bath. "MOM COME IN HERE QUICK!" Clara raced into the room and gasped in utter shock. "Call an ambulance!" Lauren checked her neck for a pulse since her wrists were obviously a no go and sighed in relief when she felt a pulse. It was weak, but it was there. Clara pulled the girl out of the bathtub and gave Lauren her phone. "I-I need an ambulance. M-My girlfriend tried to kill herself." Lauren gulped. "Y-Yeah she's slit her wrists. It's really bad. Please come quick, she has to live!" Lauren cried as she saw her mother pressing towels against Normani's bleeding wrists. A couple minutes later two paramedics ran into the bathroom and helped the unconscious girl into the ambulance. "You have to help her!" Lauren cried as her mother held her daughter back from the girl while the paramedics helped her. "This is the girl from not too long ago. I remember her father." One of them said. "Are either of you family?" The other asked. "I'm her girlfriend." Lauren said shakily. "Can she go with her?" Clara asked. "You can ride in sweetie." The paramedic said from last time with Derrick. "M-Mom-" "I'll pick everyone up and follow on. I'll be there soon baby okay?" Clara kissed her daughter's head and held her shoulders. "Everything's going to be just fine." Clara told her daughter surely. Even though she wasn't so sure. "Y-you swear it?" Clara swallowed thickly and nodded. "Yes." "We have to go now guys, her pulse is very weak, we need to get her to hospital as soon as possible." "Of course." Clara said to the paramedic before turning back to her daughter. "You go with Normani, okay? I'll see you at the hospital Lauren." Lauren stifled a sob and followed the paramedics quickly out to the ambulance. "It's gonna be okay babygirl, I promise." Lauren said to the unconscious girl, stroking her hair as they sped to the hospital.