Chapter 25

Lauren and Normani eventually went back to bed and curled up together with each other, all while Camila was sprawled out alone in a deep slumber right on the other side of the bed, even drooling a little bit. Lauren reached out and stroked Normani's hair as she stared back at her. "You're staring at me.." Normani whispered to Lauren uncomfortably. "Yes I am." "I know I'm disgusting, okay, you don't need to look at me like it. I know already." "You're beautiful, I'm looking at you because you're beautiful. I wish you could see that again, you did see it once. I'll make sure one day you see it again, very soon hopefully." Lauren said warmly. "I really don't deserve to have you in my life." Normani said, a quiet sigh falling from her lips. "Yes you do." Lauren said softly and she leaned in to kiss her nose so gently that Normani could barely feel the contact of it. "You deserve everything in the world and more." "I do?" Of course you don't. "You do." Lauren affirmed. "Lauren," "Yeah?" "Am I..am I a good person?" Lauren stroked the girl's cheek with her thumb, wiping away a tear Normani hadn't known had fallen. "You're the best I've ever known." She's lying to you. Can't you see? "You really think so?" Normani asked nervously. "I know so." Lauren smiled warmly. "You look distracted." She noticed. Normani met her eyes and looked away again quickly. "I'm fine, it's nothing." "It's obviously something, talk to me." Normani shrugged slowly and chewed on her bottom lip. "Mani." Don't say a word, you're pathetic. "Nothing. Let's just go to sleep." Normani sighed, turning to lay on her back. "I don't believe you. You're not okay, I know that, so you might as well tell me why." Lauren said simply. Okay, you see where that gets you. What are you even going to say? "Oh it's fine, I'm just crazy." Because that would go down a treat, wouldn't it? Not. "Uhm.." "What is it?" Lauren asked sweetly, so soft and caring that Normani wanted to cry. "I guess it's just.." "just..?" "I'm just tired, a little delirious is all." "Are you sure that's it?" Lauren asked, furrowing her eyebrows unsurely. She didn't believe her. "Yeah, I'm sure. Let's just get some rest." Lauren knew she was lying, but decided it was better to just get some sleep. "If you say so. Goodnight.." "Yeah..Night Lo." Normani mumbled as she stared at the ceiling. "You do know you're supposed to close your eyes." Lauren said, watching Normani stare up at the ceiling. Normani sighed heavily and turned on her side to face Lauren. "Hold me?" She asked in such a weak, sad voice, Lauren's heart ached at the tone. "C'mere, of course I will." Lauren wrapped her arms around her frail figure and kissed the top of her head, closing her own eyes while Normani buried her head in her chest. "Thank you Lauren." "You're welcome." Lauren was the protective friend, Normani knew she was lucky to have the girl in her life. She knew all too well that the green eyed girl would do anything for her. And you can use that to your full advantage. Lauren didn't know how much time had passed by, but she hadn't fallen asleep, and she still couldn't. "Mani?" She whispered. "What?" The tired girl mumbled into her warm neck. "What time is it?" "Wha-How should I know?" Normani said incredulously. "Have you slept yet?" "A little, until you woke me up. Have you?" "No. Sorry I woke you." "So am I." The girl laughed lightly. "But really Laur, try and sleep." Lauren sighed and looked over at Camila. She really didn't understand how she was just so out like a light. "How does she sleep so heavily?" She scoffed in disbelief. "She eludes me too, I have no idea." Normani chuckled. "Okay," Lauren heard her friend start and looked back at Normani when the girl shifted her position. "what's on your mind?" Lauren frowned and licked her lips in thought. "Nothing..everything. It's a total mess up in here." Lauren concluded. "Wait here, I have some sleeping pills in my bag, I think at least." Normani said, sitting up to get them but falling back down at the lack of energy. "Mani are you okay?" Lauren asked hurriedly in her normal talking voice. "Shh, I'm fine. I just got a little dizzy." "Stay here. I'll go look for them." Normani just went with it, her vision was too blurry to argue that she would do it. She'd be taken back to hospital at this rate, if anyone knew the real severity of the situation that is. But if you want to finally be skinny, they can never know a thing. Lauren rummaged through Normani's bag and found the sleeping pills she desired, along with a strange container of what looked like diet pills. Really? How could Normani even begin to think she needed those? Lauren raised her eyebrows in disbelief before she put them in her own bag, no way was Normani getting those back. "Did you find them?" Normani whispered. Lauren looked back at Normani and gave a small cover up smile. "Yeah, yeah I found them." She took a bottle of water and downed the pills easily. "I hope they help." Normani whispered when the Cuban settled back into bed and laid her head on her chest. "Thanks, g'night." "Night Lauren, see you in the morning."