Chapter 39

"I wrote a song last week." Normani spoke up suddenly to her sleepy girlfriend while she was brushing her hair for her. "You did?" "Mhm." "Can I hear it?" "I sold it." "Really? To who?" "I sold it and then the guy gave it to someone to record I don't know, but he gave me a copy of the song on a flash drive, since I did write it." "That's awesome, can I listen to it?" Normani hesitated. "Please babe? I wanna hear your writing talent." "Man, I'll never get tired of you calling me babe I swear." Normani sighed contentedly. "I'll show you when you're done with my hair. "My computers right there, plug the flash drive in and play it while I do it." "Can you promise me you won't look at me while it's playing?" "Why not?" Lauren asked, furrowing her eyebrows. Because you purged enough for an entire week's worth today. "Just promise me." Normani insisted. "Okay I promise." Lauren agreed and Normani clicked play on the media file, simply focusing on the sensation of Lauren brushing her hair smoothly.

I lock the door,
Turn all the water on,
And bury that sound,
So no one hears anything, anymore,
Mirror lie to me, tell me you can see
Maybe you won't be able to recognize me now
I know you can feel, all the things you steal
And you're taking, and you're taking it
Feeling so easy
Make me skin and bones
I'm always on my knees for you
You break like it's even
When you're leaving it
Thin,
Where the hell have you been?
Well, sometimes it burns,
Maybe I'll wash it out,
It all looks so big
Never mind, I don't feel anything
It only hurt a bit
I still feel like shit
And I think you won't be able to recognize me now
It's easier to quit,
It's harder to admit
And you're pushing me, you're fucking pushing me!
Feeling so easy,
Make me skin and bones
I'm always on my knees for you
Break me like it's even
When you're leaving it
Thin,
Where the hell have you been?
'Cause you always win
And you...
yeah!
Laughin' like it works
Bleeding like it don't hurt
Knock you off your feet
Even if you need me
Tear you apart and I hate how I need you
Feeling so easy, make me skin and bones
I'm always on my knees for you
Break me like it's even
When you're leaving it
Too fucking easy, make me skin and bones
I'm always on my knees for you
Break me like it's even
When you're leaving it
Thin,
Where the hell have you been?
You always win,
And you always
And you always
I will burn all this [9x]

Lauren wrapped her arms around Normani from behind and kissed her wet cheek from tears. "It hurts Laur." She whimpered. Lauren pulled the small girl into her lap and cradled her closely. "I know baby girl, it's okay." She mumbled softly. Normani tightened her hold on her girlfriend and nestled her face into her neck as she tried to hold in her cries. "I know it must be really hard for you to let go of this, but you can do it." "I can't, I fucked it all up today." "You're gonna slip up sometimes babe, and that's fine. That's normal." "I let you down." "You did not let me down." Lauren reassured Normani, stroking her hair and nestling her face against her girlfriend's. "Slipping up is a part of your recovery, you're doing well." "Can we stay like this for a while?" Normani asked sadly. "Of course." "But wait what if someone comes in?" "Fuck them." Lauren shrugged and kissed her temple. "You're the most important person to me, screw what anyone else thinks." "I think I might love you." Normani whispered. Lauren smiled widely. "Yeah?" "Yeah." Normani smiled into her neck. "I know I love you." Lauren smiled and scratched her head gently. "Lauren," Lauren frowned at her voice changing to a sad tone. "Are you okay?" "Make it stop." Normani whimpered. Lauren held the girl tighter and sighed sadly. "It won't go away it w-won't l-leave me alone." She cried. Lauren pulled back and kissed the girl gently. "Focus on me." She whispered. "Just me." Normani's breath hitched when Lauren connected their lips and her hands cupped her cheeks gently. "How you feelin' baby?" Lauren mumbled when they pulled away from each other. Normani breathed in deeply and kissed the tip of Lauren's nose. "You're magic." Lauren kissed the girl's temple and enveloped her in another hug. "Is it gone?" Normani nodded and kissed her jawline from where she was. "Everything's better when you're here." Normani mumbled. "Cause I know you'll keep me safe." Lauren smiled. "Always, Mani. Do you mind if we go to sleep now? I can barely keep my eyes open." Lauren said, suppressing a yawn. "Mhm." Normani moved out of Lauren's arms and put the laptop back where it was while Lauren got into her bed. "Come cuddle." The green eyed girl held out her arms and made grabbing motions with her hands adorably. Normani slipped one of Lauren's sweatshirt's over her since she was cold and snuggled into her arms under the duvet. "You're so cute." "And you look adorable in my clothes." Lauren smiled, tapping Normani's nose. "Goodnight Lo." "Night Mani."