Scene - Shadows Where They Don't Belong

Taliesin coughed, choked and sputtered. He could feel something inside him, something wrapped around his windpipe, constricting his breathing. In a panic, he shoved his chair from the table and tried to run, tripping over Marisha's chair and falling to his hands and knees.

"Taliesin?!" The panicked voices of the other cast members cut the stunned silence that Matt's narration had left as Marisha slipped from her chair to try and help him.

She immediately noticed his tremors were worse than she'd ever seen. She noticed the coughing and wheezing breath, like her friend was struggling to breathe.

"B-back away." Taliesin rasped, barely able to speak. The coughing grew more intense as he felt something begin to crawl up his gullet. Suddenly he retched and a thick mass of black bile spilled forth. But, at the same time, it was smoke. Pure, condensed darkness. He saw it swirl about him, felt it begin to find patches of bare skin and felt it begin to creep beneath his clothes. He felt the cold and yet somehow gentle caress of the shadows and a chill down the back of his neck as it began to seep into his skin.

No one knew what to do, not even Matt. Laura was the first to recover her faculties and dialled 911. Not that she knew how they could help but that was all she could think of.

By now, Taliesin was paralysed, trembling violently as every part of his body filled with darkness. He couldn't breathe, speak, move. And as the shadows encroached into his mind, a dark and familiar voice crawled in; a voice he thought he'd never have to hear again.

"H͢è́ļ͡l͜o̡͝ a͟g̵̸͠a͡i̛n͢ ̛̀P̡ȩ̡͢rç̡ív̡͜a҉l͠."