Scene - From High Above - Spooptober Day 21

Hundreds of thousands of millions of years they'd been watching. They saw the continents form, the molten surface of earth cool and become grey. They saw the first storms begin to rage and watched as a cool and deep blue slowly spread across the globe. They observed as green began to slowly take over all the landmasses below and the pure white clouds drift over the atmosphere.

They watched from high above, feeling the first lifeforms begin to take shape, watching as they grew and left the primordial sludge that made up those early oceans. 

Over millions of years, they saw and felt those lifeforms grow larger, smarter. They felt them evolve and become distinct as different groups of life emerged.

They heard the calls of the first land creatures.

They watched as the stars spun around them and the first creatures grew.

They saw the dinosaurs take shape and rule the earth.

They looked on as the meteor careened to the earth in a mass extinction level event on multiple occasions.

Small mammals grew larger under their watch and gentle guidance.

Apes evolved.

The first traces of humanity emerged and they were happy.

Civilisations began to take shape.

Faith evolved and still they were pleased.

From high above the earth, they watched over the world as the continents shifted.

Ice took the land and they saw the globe covered in a thick sheet of pure white ice, watched it stay that way for centuries.

They saw the ice recede and smiled as the surviving humans emerged from their hiding spots and begin to roam the world.

They saw as civilisation took shape again.

Watched the Greeks, Romans, Mongols.

Saw the wars.

And they began to worry.

They saw slavery form, saw humans abusing each other, and they wept for their children.

They saw the same faith they'd been so fascinated by begin to tear the world apart in war and they could only watch.

They saw the weaponry their children used get larger.

They saw black clouds of smoke obscure the globe and they could hear the sounds of gunfire, of screaming, of sobbing.

They saw the mushroom clouds over Japan and they cried out in horror as they were forced to watch thousands die.

They saw the beautiful, lush greens they loved so much turn to greys and browns as their forests were destroyed.

They saw endless hatred and bitterness shown by humanity to their fellows. 

They saw murders of children over petty things like race and religion.

Saw her children driven to take their own lives over abuse from people they were supposed to trust and feel love from over who they were attracted to and who they saw themselves as.

As they watched from high above, Celseste, the spirit of the cosmos, wept bitterly. They'd chosen this little world as their favourite, chosed it to watch over.

But the more they watched, the more they lamented; they so deperately wanted to step in, but they were the embodiment of eternity. They had no form, no voice.

The more they watched, the more they feared for their children; all this senseless killing scared them. This hadn't been the plan; they only wanted to create happiness. On one world out of billions, they wanted these creatures to be happy.

The more they watched from high above, the more their celestial heart broke.