The First Dance

A/N: featuring my friend sorascribbles

As the pianist played some calm melody she didn't recognise, Chloe stood on the balcony overlooking the ocean, the gentle breeze making the jacket of her suit flap a little. It was a soothing piece, but she wasn't really interested in it, she was missing someone; a man she'd grown close to over the months since she'd met him. Nathan Sharp, a strange young man with a heart of gold and the voice of an angel. There was something in his eyes, his smile, that had utterly enchanted her, drawn her in and held her heart captive. She'd mentioned this ball to him, subtly indicated that she wanted him to come with her, but it seemed that he'd totally missed the hint. As much of a musical genius as he was, Nate was unfortunately rather dense. So she stood and watched the waves that reflected the moon as the silvery light shone down on her. The piece ended, and a new one began. This one, though she didn't know it, felt familiar to her. It felt like a familiar voice speaking to her through the keys. She turned to the glass doors and saw a familiar figure walking towards her from the piano. Nate stepped out onto the balcony, his own suit matching hers and a gentle and loving smile on his face, small dimples in his cheeks that made Chloe's heart sing.

"Sorry I'm late Klemmie," He said softly, taking her hands in his. "I just wanted this to be perfect."

Chloe was confused, "Nate, whenever I'm with you, that's perfect. Just being in your arms, just being here with you is all I could ever ask for."

Nate chuckled lightly and moved his and Chloe's hands, placing his hands on her waist and hers on his shoulders and began slowly moving to the music, gazing into Chloe's bright blue eyes. "Yes, to you maybe, but I wanted this moment to be as close to you in beauty as possible. Though I know it's impossible, I can but try."

As they danced, Chloe couldn't take her eyes off Nate, couldn't think of anything but this moment; lost in Nate's deep and dark eyes that seemed to sparkle like stars. And that was all, they didn't speak, just danced until the song ended. A few minutes seemed to stretch into an eternity in each other's arms.

When the song finally ended, the spell that had been cast over them broke and the world started up again. Nate brought Chloe's left hand up and bowed to kiss it. "Chloe Turner, you are truly the most beautiful woman I have ever met. And I have a very important question for you."

Chloe blushed, "Well I'm not so sure about the first bit but sure. What do you wanna know?"

Nate chuckled, "Well to me you are utterly majestic, as breathtaking as this magnificent view. And  my question kinda ties into that. We may not have met all that long ago but, right now, I can't imagine my life without you in it.  Would you do me the honour of being my girlfriend?"

Staggering back, her eyes wide in shock, Chloe put her hands to her mouth and gasped. "N-nate, are you... are you being for real? I--"

Nate's eyes grew sad, he knew it. He'd scared her off. He was too earnest. But before he could say anything, he felt a hug plow into him. 

"Nate! Of course I will. I love you so much of course I will!" And her lips interlocked with his in a gentle yet passionate kiss, full of love and fire.

When they pulled apart, their eyes shone with joy. Both lost in each other. Both totally in love.